Ending a Business in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by James50 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have had to come back to the UK because of the economic situation.  It is so hard in Spain.  We have a lot of business experience and set up a Spanish SL which was successful for the first 12 months.  This was a retail shop and as people returned to the UK, the trade was just too low.  We kept the business going, and used up all our own savings.   This was a bad error, but we kept telling ourselves that trade would pick up again.  We did everything properly, no debts but we have been trying to find out how to shut down the Company.  Our Accountant has also moved on and he dealt with all the Company affairs.  Does anyone have any ideas that do not cost any money - as our experience has left us bankrupt.  We have a nice villa in spain which has no water, despite being ripped off over by our builder by thousands of euros - basically we can never sell it.  We are on low wage jobs in the UK and rented property. Any ideas would be appericiated.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2010 10:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I am sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you.

My understanding is that closing a company is difficult and will incur costs.  Some of my friends are still trying to do it after more than 2 years and they keep get told that they have to pay a few thousand towards stuff they don't even know about.

Anyway, there is another option in Spain which is where you can officially suspend trading on an SL, in other words you put the company in "sleep" mode.  I'm not exactly sure how it's done but it is possible.  Then all you need to do is once a year submit a form to show zero earnings.  I think it's difinitely the cheapest and easiest option for you.

Maybe Maria, the lawyer on the forum here, can give you some pointers as to how to go about it.

Best of luck with it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

property transfer from Spanish SL to uk limited company - 3 posts
Manilva and surrounding areas - 1 posts
I NEED YOUR ADVICE. SHOULD I CREATE A BLOG! - 11 posts
how do i delete a blog? - 1 posts
Driving Spanish car from UK to Spain with no ITV - 11 posts
Justin Still can't view web cam - 8 posts
mobil phones - 0 posts
Real Domestic Appliances- gone bust - 0 posts
Illegal developments - next steps - 1 posts
is there a way to delete a blog - 2 posts
Setting up a freelance business - 0 posts
high electricity bills - 8 posts
Anyone got experience of getting residencia in Malaga? - 1 posts
silencio administrativo / administrative silence/ Obra Mayor - 2 posts
AGM - running the meeting - 2 posts
Where can I buy Yeast Free Bread from? - 6 posts
Anyone here in El Rincon? - 1 posts
RAFFLES - 8 posts
Outsider as President? - 7 posts
Short Movie needs help - 1 posts
Morrisons in Gibraltar looking for staff - 8 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 1 posts
Aldea - 1 posts
Removals & Transport Murcia Region. - 0 posts
New business in Estepona - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x