Polaris world resorts/Do you always need a car?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Hello again,

We are relocating early next year and have decided on the Murcia area and have been looking on the polaris world sites for a long term let.

We have decided this on the strength that I will be spending 4 weeks at a time alone while my husband works.We have 4 children and a dog.

Using a polaris world site as a base to look around and find the best area for us regarding a home and school for our children.They seem to offer everything I would need while im alone with the children but would like to leave the complex and explore and sight see with the children to keep them entertained whilst my husband is away.

So now im wondering how easy is it to leave the polaris world sites if I dont drive?

Would I be better renting an appartment/ town house in a town instead?

I think Ive made a decision and then worry!

We are visiting the first week of january and we are staying on El valle.So we will have the chance to drive around then and hopefully decide then.

Advice is appreciated. x

Shelley.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2009 2:11 PM by p11cne Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

I have an apartment on el valle, you will like this resort it is classed as a five star. You will need a car there is no dought with el valle the security and the grounds are excellent you will not be disapointed.murcia is a 15min drive way

Like 0      
29 Nov 2009 2:15 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Is there a bus from the complex to murcia?

Is this the same with all the polaris world sights?We are staying for 1 week in January.I hope we will get to see more of the area while we have the hire car but I am concerned that when my hsband is working away I will be stranded.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2009 3:09 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

Ideally you need a car to benefit from getting to the beach and the supermarkets that are not Polaris branded so cheaper with better ranges of produce.......

El valle is a bit of way inland although really lovely so if you need to taxi around then not only will it be expensive but also a bit of a hike.

The Mar Menor development is the closest to the beaches, the ferry if you wanted to go to La Manga strip, 8km from Categena which is a sizable town and has shuttle buses to some of the other Polaris developments. It also has a school bus if you are considering Kings school. As it is the most established there are a lot of people living there as apposed to holiday homes which we have.It also now has a promendae of shops all walking distance from the development some of which are open and some due to open. Torre Pacheco supermarket is 5 mins in a car and is outstanding......

If you are unable to drive then that is one thing but if you are just nervous then after a few practice runs it becomes quite straight forward. I hate driving in any country but the roads are very well sign posted and not congested.I would avoid driving in Murcia city as it is busy but El Valle is quite close to Murcia so you could get a cab there.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2009 3:00 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

You could manage without a car in Los Alcazares or any of the towns along the coast like San Javier, San Pedro etc. Roldan is a Spanish town inland a little with a little English development and villas for rent. The schools are within walking distance and have a good reputation. La Torre Golf resort is huge and some people live there but it looks empty. Kings College is there.

Best wishes in your search.

Daveil

Like 0      
12 Dec 2009 9:02 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

Los Alcazares is, in my view the best spot in murcia.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

If Britain Goes Bust - 11 posts
Certificate of Second Occupancy (cedula)? - 2 posts
Where would you consider escaping to? - 24 posts
How do I set up a Webcam. - 4 posts
Of Geese and Golden Eggs - 1 posts
pregantcy in spain question?? - 2 posts
Wooden sheds - 9 posts
Teleast- Beware - 1 posts
Are things turning around? - 4 posts
beware!!! this could happen to you!! - 1 posts
FOR SALE - return MONARCH flights Manchester - Murcia - 0 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS ALICANTE - 0 posts
Little Tikes Roadster Toddler Bed - Boys - 1 posts
community agm - 8 posts
Non-Resident taxes - 13 posts
Single LNB to dual LNB - 6 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 0 posts
The power of prayer - 22 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 7 posts
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP - NO BANK GUARANTEES - 6 posts
Disney World Spain?? - 13 posts
Vauxhall Combo Crew Van for sale - 3 posts
Spanglish and Pidgin English Won't Do - 10 posts
Costa Blanca News (What's Not On) - 0 posts
Sunrise - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x