Registering with the Spanish Tax Office

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a scooter and have been told that in order to be able to get the scooter registered and plated, I need to have been registered at the tax office (Agencia Tributaria).  I have only been in Spain for 9 months, so haven't done a tax return yet, so haven't needed to register yet.

How do you go about registering at the tax office and what documents do you need?  I don't suppose you can register online can you?

Thanks in advance

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2009 11:49 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Is your NIE not automatically registered with the Agencia Tributaria?  I also would like to know this, as this is required for my incoming container from Dubai.  How do you check/ensure that you are registered with the Agencia Tributaria?

Like 0      
01 Oct 2009 1:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Jan,

Apparently you need to register with your local tax office.  It doesn't look like I am registered with my local office, despite having paid taxes in Spain!  I guess you need to do register to enable you to do "La declaracion de la renta" each year.  You're right in that your NIE is also your NIF (Número de Identificación Fiscal) as far as the tax office is concerned.

My wife rang the tax office and she was told by one person that we need to download and fill in the Modelo 030 form.  Another person she spoke to said it was Modelo 037 form.  I've downloaded them both and it looks like it is Modelo 030 that we need to complete, and then we plan to head to the tax office in Marbella and hand it in.

David

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2009 1:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Jan,

Apparently you need to register with your local tax office.  It doesn't look like I am registered with my local office, despite having paid taxes in Spain!  I guess you need to do register to enable you to do "La declaracion de la renta" each year.  You're right in that your NIE is also your NIF (Número de Identificación Fiscal) as far as the tax office is concerned.

My wife rang the tax office and she was told by one person that we need to download and fill in the Modelo 030 form.  Another person she spoke to said it was Modelo 037 form.  I've downloaded them both and it looks like it is Modelo 030 that we need to complete, and then we plan to head to the tax office in Marbella and hand it in.

David

Like 0      
01 Oct 2009 1:49 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi David

Thanks for the info.  Think I'm going to have to get someone to sort this out for me!!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 4:16 PM by Squigs Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

You have to fill in a modelo 030 form. NOT the 036. THe 036 registers you as a company or self employed worker.  I can't link you as I need to have made 10 posts but if you go to the aeat web site and go to Oficina Virtual you can search for the 030 cambio de domicillio documention and print it off... But don't do the 036 otherwise Mr. Tax man will want to know why you are not declaring your quarterly taxes and Mr. Social Security man will want to know where his 250euros a month is.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PM from rememberme............... - 1 posts
Yellow whites - 2 posts
Car registration plates - 9 posts
Reply from the "Tax Man" - 1 posts
Fontana Pizzeria Pueblo Latino Torre de la Horadada - 3 posts
Centro Cultural, Quesada - is there an e-mail address? - 0 posts
Vodafone dongle-early redemption penalty? - 8 posts
Spanish social security - is it worth signing up? - 9 posts
Selling a UK vehicle in spain to someone returning to the UK - 1 posts
Handing in the Keys - 1 posts
replacement shutters - 0 posts
just sold - experiences - 0 posts
Keyholder and cleaner - 3 posts
Roadside assistance - 0 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 6 posts
Complaints book for airlines? - 5 posts
IBI Tax withou License of firrst occupation - 11 posts
club mana san javier - 1 posts
is VIPS going downhill? - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 2 posts
Alicia de Larrocha R.I.P. - 0 posts
Quickie about non chip and pin bank cards... - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 139 posts
Do you know my Grandad? Please look :) - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x