We got a second opinion from another Vet in Benijofar.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by sandyland Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

The Vets in Benijofar Pet Care most definatly saved the life of our young cross Misty. He had been having treatment by our Vet for almost 7 weeks but he still continued to lose weight and his skin was full of nasty sores, we was told that he may need to be on medication for the rest of his young life, so we decided through a friend that reccomended to us there Vet in Benijofar to get a second opinion as to his condition. The staff were so nice and helpfull and the Vet Marcello was simply amazing, he took some blood and skin samples then in the afternoon called us to say that he would like to see Misty the following morning. He gave him 2 injections and a special Spa treatment (which i wouldnt of minded my self) and asked us to return 2 days later for more Spa treatment. This was on the thursday and by Saturday his skin problem was just about cleared up he wasnt scratching any more and was eating just fine, He has now put on almost a kilo. Needless to say we now use and reccomend Pet care to all our friends.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 6:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

That's wonderful. I, for one, wish Misty well now, Sandyland.

Wonder who the previous vet was though, you can say.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 10:10 AM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

Second opinions can be amazing things.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 3:55 PM by sandyland Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for your well wishes Misty is doing absolutly great now and is like a new dog with a new lease of life. I really wouldnt like to say the name of our old vet as in the past he has always been ok but all i will say is that they wasnt to far from our new vet in pet care.

ps sorry for the slow reply but we very seldom get much time to go on the computer during the summer months.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2010 4:05 AM by regandbarb Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

The Vets in Benijofar PET CARE i agree were great until they were taken over by the new owner. We started to use them after having a small problem at our old Vets in Benimar but have since gone back to them and very happy once again. When the old owners (A younger English woman called Denise if i remember correctly) owned the buisness the prices were very good along with the service. The last time we used them was for a small injury to our yorkies leg which was after we found out they was not english owned any longer (which was not a problem) until we received a bill of 320 euros, this was for 1 ex ray, bandage and an injection no more than 1 hour. We said at the time that it sounded quite expensive but was told that was the price for the service provided. very disapointed and will never go back or reccomend again.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2010 10:10 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I don´t understand why pet owners don´t have insurance. The possibilities of huge bills scare the life out of me, so we insured our Coco.

We´ve only had her for a year, but already we´ve recouped the 160€ because she needed an operation to remove a bladder stone. It´s worth it for peace of mind.

Irene

Like 0      
01 Jan 2011 7:40 PM by regandbarb Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Irene and alan, I have to agree with you about insurance and have since  taken it out hoping we never have to use it.

Wishing you and everyone a Happy and Healthy New year

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 4:16 PM by marcelo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I'm the vet mentioned above. By  regandbarb  27 Dec 2010 04:05 as you said "A younger English woman called Denise" is not here any more in the shop, because her husband Reginald wanted her more at home, for us it was a huge loss because of her charm and her human quality.

You must always consider the quality and all the things included in the service to decide if it is expensive or not.

I don't remember any dog as the one described, to examine, take an x ray, develop, treat, do the bandage, sometimes it takes more, and I don´t think that the price of the bill would be this unless it was in emergency hours, at night, etc (remember our 24 hr service on call) anyway if this was the case then I have amnesia and can´t remember the dog sorry for that.

Anyway we can hopefully say that there are people coming from Playa FLamenca, Past Orihuela and Murcia, and between them and us there are a lot of other clinics, and they also come back, even though there are lots of other vets in other areas.

Regarding to the insurance, I need to say that we have our own at the clinic,  it's a type of prepaid medical cover in which you get many services included like vaccines, deworming, Analysis, etc. It is useful for many things, not only for emergencies.  This is for  Dogs and cats, you can consult in the shop  on 966712443. It's a very good thing.

Thanks

Marcelo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Suzuki LTZ 400 Quad Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Briish Television... - 4 posts
If your a dog or cat lover please read this..... - 10 posts
4 JOINT OWNERS TO BUY A NEW CAR. - 24 posts
Frozen Sky Box - 4 posts
Yellow Rose of Texas. - 9 posts
Freesat from Sky Cards - Important - 0 posts
Help illegal squatters - 7 posts
Electricity Bills - 1 posts
Looking for a property swap in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
Is it me, or is this a load of old rubbish!?! - 8 posts
Early retirement in Spain??? - 9 posts
Anyone feeling sorry for the Aussies? - 0 posts
Animal abuse... thank God someone has some sense ! - 5 posts
Anyone need any help? - 4 posts
Monarch London Gatwick to Murcia - 5 posts
Moving to Spain in 2 months - 2 posts
Hidden charges - 4 posts
2nd hand car sales - 9 posts
weekenders - 1 posts
Plaiting Onions!! - 3 posts
Gisela ... - 28 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Moors & Christains Fiesta - 2 posts
Fly screens - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x