Transfering a car BACK to the UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Hi all,

I drove my UK car to Spain and had it re-registered to Spanish plates last year, now, I have now decided I may take the car back to the UK and was wondering if anyone has transferred a spanish reg car back to UK plates and how much it costs.

Its only a cheap car and I would prefer to sell it here in Spain but am worried as the transfer of ownership seems so complicated here and that I may end up getting fines for years to come by the new owner not registering the car in his name.

Thanks for any help.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 12:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I did it many, many years ago when I brought my car back from Germany. Then it was simply a case of going to the local vehicle licensing office with the necessary documents, handing over your dosh and then you even get your old registration back! You may find that you will need to have a UK MOT on it before they will issue the documents, but you do have 6 months to do all the necessaries.

Lots of info here.

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 25/07/2009.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 12:14 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Thanks Mark.

By the way, its a 2001 registered Vauxhall Vectra, blue. Fully Serviced, new cam belt and brand new £500 air con system. 4 new pirrelli tyres. Excellent drive and 100% reliable. Looks great apart from one orange plastic left indicator on wing which is broken. 130,000 miles on the clock. ITV and Taxed for another year.

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Sorry if I am not allowed to do this on a forum.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 12:15 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Eva.  Go and see your local gestor de automoviles. they will give your car what is called the baja. Should be quite cheap.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 12:17 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

thanks Myra, whats a baja?

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 12:30 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Does not work on the translation. What it is describing is off work, off the book, off the system. de registration of your car in Spain.The English side would then be up to you and I am sure if you contact the department un UK by internet they will give you the answer to the UK plates. The baja shoul be way under a 100 euros.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 1:47 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Excellent, thanks Myra, sounds like just what i've been looking for.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 1:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Eva

Should you decide to sell it in Spain & I understand your concerns about fines etc in the future why not contact Nigel who owns Venus Cars at Torremendo, not far from you in Rojales ? He is friends with 'Georgia' on here & we went to look at the second hand cars at his place with 'Georgia'. Nigel is always on the look out for good cars. Our friend, a member on here, actually sold his UK plated car to Nigel (in part exchange for a Spanish plated car).

Venus Cars have full page ads in the local free papers.

http://www.venuscars.com/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 25/07/2009.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 2:02 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

ok, will go and see him this week, thanks Morerosado for the info

Like 0      
25 Jul 2009 2:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Eva, it'll be a lot cheaper than re-registering a Spanish car in the UK & here, in the UK, car prices are so much cheaper. We know, we've just bought a Spanish car !! We KNEW cars in Spain were a lot more expensive than in the UK but WOW, got a BIG shock.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hola todos............ - 11 posts
Buying reposessed properties from the bank in the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
Misteri Play d'Elx - 0 posts
Fire reaching Mojacar - 15 posts
reactivating sky tv - 4 posts
Buying repossessed property property in Costa Blanca and payment of deposit. Advice? - 9 posts
M&S Marbella again - 0 posts
One to one spanish tuition - appreciate any views on this - 7 posts
New Rail Link - 1 posts
House tax - 2 posts
Empty van travelling from uk to spain - 6 posts
For Sale LHD BMW 325i SE Touring - 6 posts
Aifos have declared Concurso de Acreedores (Insolvency) - 1 posts
Taxi`s from Murcia airport - 4 posts
Room A/C Unit Wanted Near Malaga or Olvera - 2 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
Hola ... El Gusto Es Mio - 10 posts
Olvera, Anyone? - 7 posts
damaged casued by leaks from above apartment - 3 posts
Problem -Selling a share of my property - 3 posts
Mortgage Advice Needed Please - 3 posts
Tim Davey - 7 posts
Recommendation for a Pool Surround - 5 posts
Picking up a cruise ship in Malaga - 1 posts
How to get involved in property management? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x