Recommendation for a Pool Surround

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Our pool surround is highly dangerous - extremely slippery. Has anyone got any ideas as to the safest and most economic method of putting this problem right - oh I also forgot to say, something that will last for ever (well almost)

Irene

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 1:37 PM by altealavella Star rating in Orxeta. 42 posts Send private message

you can buy non slip paint for the job, my husband did our friends pool are and it's great,

when he gets in i'll ask him the make

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 4:48 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

That's already been done but it all wore off within a couple of months. It also looked like the tide had been in and left salt behind.

I'm looking for a more permanent solution, but thanks anyway.

Irene

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 5:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I saw a post elsewhere saying how good these were although the gent from Slip Solutions had said it would be cheaper to relay with non slip tiles. You could try them if it wasn't the one you had before, Irene.

Slip Solutions

Anti slip treatment for internal and external floors for domestic and commercial clients, located at Urb Villa Martin Sol Golf Fase 1, 03189 Orihuela Costa.
  • Tel: 966 765 722
  • Tel: 678 497 990

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 2:50 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Morerosado, Irene & Alan & Altealavella

We had the same problem on our urb caused by the builder who laid the most unsutiable tiles possible.  Slip Solutions coated the area and maintained it for three years until we raised enough cash to have the whole area retiled, and they did an excellent job at that (they have gone back to the U.K. by the way.

We spent a lot of time researching the problem over the years and last year retiled over the existing tile with a non slip one.  If you are in the Villamartin, Costa  Blanca area you are more than welcome to come and have a look at the finished product .

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 12:57 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thank you for the info. I might take you up on the offer sometime. Can you tell me how big is the area you had retiled and how much it cost?

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Picking up a cruise ship in Malaga - 1 posts
How to get involved in property management? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain - 1 posts
Is 3.4% reasonable for a mortgage these days ? - 9 posts
Outlook Express HELP!! - 5 posts
BMIBaby have cancelled flights - 16 posts
Dacion en Pago Query!! - 6 posts
Dacion en Pago Query - 2 posts
Calling Gibraltar from a Spanish mobile - 2 posts
Legal help sought - Car access to own property - legal right in Spain? - 4 posts
Interesting read - 3 posts
car hire malaga - 2 posts
any up to date photos ?? - 16 posts
ARE YOU LIABLE FOR FINES OWED ON A CAR YOU PURCHASE IN SPAIN? - 14 posts
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A LAWYER? - 1 posts
Looking to rent a 3 bed flat in Gibraltar - 0 posts
Licence of first occupation - 3 posts
Furniture - 0 posts
ESTELLENCS - 1 posts
Hi - 3 posts
Cost of tolls through France. - 1 posts
Rough justice yet again! - 1050 posts
CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x