Mr

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by James F Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I own a topfloor apartment in a 4 floor apartment block in Puerto Pollenca in Mallorca.

My Spanish neighbour has a severe heart problem and can no longer mount the stairs to his apartment.

As I understand it the installation of a lift to help him requires a majority voting of the comunidad owners.

However wheb we consulted two technical Architects they said that in the circumstances  the community had to provide a lift at their expense.

I then consulted a lawyer who denied it.

So who is right?

Jim

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 10:25 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Jim

You may find what your looking for in the horizontal property act under section 10.2.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 10:53 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

In case you can't find it, Jim, here it is.

2. The community, at the request of owners of units in which persons with disabilities, or persons
over the age of seventy, live, work or render voluntary or altruistic services, is obliged to carry out work to
permit accessibility to and use of common elements in accordance with the disability of said persons, or
work to install mechanical and electronic devices favouring their communication with the outside, provided
the total cost of such work does not exceed the ordinary common expenses of three months.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 11:29 AM by James F Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Unfortunately, as I read it the article limits the cost to 3 months normal expenses which are approx 6,000Euros and the installation of the lift is around 36,000Euros.

Jim

Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 3:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Also in 11 of THE HORIZONTAL LAW (Click here) it states 'no unit owner may demand ................'

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 10:16 AM by James F Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Well ......that was very helpful.

So it seems that confirms that the Technical Architects were wrong. We WILL need a majority.

Thank you for your help.

Jim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving in Flip Flops - 31 posts
How do I get from Marbella bus station at 11pm to Duquesa - the bus has stopped! - 13 posts
water leak - are we responsible? - 4 posts
Repossessed properties--BEWARE - 1 posts
Has anyone successfully bought a heavily discounted property on the formerly Arenal Duquesa site? - 8 posts
Bank Guarantee - 12 posts
Hot Tub on Terrace? - 5 posts
Sewage smell coming from Aircon Vents.. - 7 posts
fractional ownership - 3 posts
non resident bank charges - 19 posts
Gas BBQ - Garden Furniture - 2 posts
Getting a Fishing Licence?? - 2 posts
murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts - 4 posts
financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts
Gibraltar Magazine - 1 posts
MM2 update - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x