Obtaining an NIE number at Spanish Consulate Edinburgh

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Could anyone tell me what the procedure is in obtaining an NIE number through the Spanish Consulate at Edinburgh ? For example, the time it takes, forms needed, etc.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 11:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Might be best if you just send them an email directly.

Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 1:20 AM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

We arranged our power of attorney through the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh. A telephone call and email was all that was required then we turned up at a prebooked appointment, sat down and listened to the agreement in pigeon English, signed the document and then left with the power of attorney stamped with the seal to make it legal.

A relatively painless task and it was a lot more organised than trying to do it in Spain. The lady who helped us at the consulate asked us about NIE and then gave us the forms to complete. She said they would then process them in 6-8 weeks. We are not in a hurry so this arrangement was very relaxed, again it seemed to be less stressful than those who have applied in Spain. The numbers will be posted out to us when ready. We already have a Spanish bank account but having the NIE just now will save time when we come to arrange the mortgage.

The consulate is a short walk from Waverly train station and is easy to spot with the Spanish flag flying out side the buiding.

Cheers

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 8:31 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Thanks for the advice.  I would rather arrange it at Edinburgh as I have got a few months before we need them.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi everyone. - 14 posts
car hire gibraltar/la linea - 1 posts
Blank pages, apart from the EOS header & bottom bar, when I click on certain pages ! - 9 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 12 posts
Looking for a Mattress - 2 posts
If you walk away from a purchase, what are the potential penalties? - 14 posts
Need cheap rental on 20/7/09 - 25/07/09 - 7 posts
Wanted lhd car - 2 posts
Spanish Lawyers - Make sure you do your reasearch - 15 posts
residencey and padron needed?? - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 0 posts
ANYONE HEARD OF AMIRAL ROLLING TOBACCO - 2 posts
Any English living in Tolox, Malaga - 2 posts
Mijas Races - 0 posts
jet2 flights for summer 2010 - 3 posts
Anyone want to meet up in Sabinillas? - 18 posts
Fly for free Ryanair - 10 posts
Where Can I Buy Cigarettes from Near to Albox? - 9 posts
Tenants from Hell!! - 55 posts
Dogs in Cars - 2 posts
I wish I could sell my house - 3 posts
THANK YOU.....Alan and Irene................. - 4 posts
DOGs TRAVELLING TO SPAIN - 3 posts
non-resident needing an itv on UK plated car - 3 posts
Ciudad Quesada market days - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x