Getting rid of scumbags

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

We have a very big problem with 2 disgusting families on our urbanisation, and myself and our neighbours would like some advice on what to do about them.  Their brat kids destroy the plants, take their dogs in the pool area, play football in the pool area, throw stones in the pool and at peoples houses, they smashed a postbox and threw someone's mail all over the lawn, they climb over the roof terraces, etc, etc.  If we tell them off we get a load of abuse from the scumbags scumbag parents.  They are living in their houses without a licence of occupation, they are not paying community fees and they are on builder's supply for electric and water.  Plus they have made extensive alterations to the outside of their houses without community approval.  There are only 6 of us out of 90 houses (45 are not licenced) paying our community fees so we have no money for legal action and the police don't want to know because we are Brits.  What do we do, it is becoming intolerable and my wife has been very ill with cancer and she does not need the aggravation?  I have heard that you can get troublemakers evicted even though they own their houses.  Is this true and how do we go about it?

This message was last edited by orda on 17/06/2009.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 11:51 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I just wanted to bump this ... in the hope that maybe Maria or someone else who can advise would reply?

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 1:11 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Hi, im new to the site, thought some info might help.

I had neighbours in a building with dogs that would not stop making noise and damaging the gardens, i put a denuncia at the police station on 3 different ocassions an after a few warnings they were issued an order in which the y could no longer have the dogs and had to get rid of them.  I guess the fact that my community did not allow dogs in the first palce also helped.

As far as i can see the best thing you can do is denounce them, if they do not have a licence for their property they legally should not be living there and therefore there has to be an easy way of getting them out.

Hope this helps a little,

Joan

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 10:27 AM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi. I know this is a while ago but did you ever solve the problem? And how? Our community as been in a similar situation and I could do with knowing any information.

Manythanks

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 1:54 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Yes the matter did get resolved, but by accident really. The 2 families fell out in a big way (police involved) and one family moved away. The community committee locked up the pool area and only gave keys to people who had paid their community fees, so that put paid to the kids (as their parents hadn't paid any fees) and in the summer we had a security guard in August who kept away all their yob friends, who were using our pool as their own party area.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 4:01 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Denying debtors use of extra Community facilities such as pools is becoming increasingly used as a tool of leverage both for debt collection and as in these case helping with antisocial behaviour.
Every Community suffers from problem neighbours, dogs left at hone barking all day, pain in the neck kids etc. we all need to do as much as possible to ensure problem tenants or residents are not welcome.
It only takes a few good men to do nothing for evil to thrive..........

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 4:59 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

When I read Orda's comment I wondered how long it would be before someone announces it's "illegal" or "contradicts the HPA" etc etc - which has been stated regularly in the past on EOS.

But as far as I'm concerned it's the only way and I'm delighted to hear that a bit of tough action was successful.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

again, one of THOSE days .... :-) - 26 posts
bricklayer, builder, and alround handy man - 0 posts
can someone just clear up some confusion for me please? - 15 posts
Do I need a license to rent my apartment? - 2 posts
Live rates,Charts and Data - 0 posts
Advice on importing a boat from usa - 1 posts
ITV show on the Costa Del Sol - 232 posts
Jobbing Builder Wanted.... - 8 posts
Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts
UK tax office and paying tax in Spain - 0 posts
Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts
Cats ,is it just me ? - 20 posts
French lessons/French conversation - 0 posts
car parking in Valencia - 0 posts
Community charge - 2 posts
Lost Purse - Reward offered - 0 posts
French lessons/native speakers - 7 posts
wanted highchair - 1 posts
Mother and toddler group - 7 posts
Petrol stations close to San Javier airport - 7 posts
FITTED KITCHEN MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x