Disruptions to Eye on Spain services - Sunday 7 June

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, it's Sunday but we're working today!

We are moving the website to a new considerably better server today so I just wanted to warn you that there may be some interruptions to the service throughout the course of the day.

Whilst we transfer the site certain sections, such as forum posting, blog posting, etc will be inactive for a few hours.

Hopefully by the end of the day everything will have gone smoothly and the site will be running on our new (read expensive) server.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 10:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

My uploaded images folder seems to have gone walkies again. Don't know how long it has been missing but I was looking for images tonight that have been previously uploaded.

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 10:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark

We'll take a look for you tomorrow.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Jun 2009 4:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Any news on whether I will be getting my images back please Justin?

Mark

Like 0      
15 Jun 2009 12:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark

We have copied everything across to the new server now.  Are you still missing images??

Justin

Like 0      
15 Jun 2009 3:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin, yes mine are missing and so are many others by the looks of it. Just to make sure we are talking about the same ones, they are the images you gave us the ability to upload to the server. If you reply to a message, click the add image button, then there is a browse server button. It is in this folder that it seems all the folders are missing, but have been replaced with a lot of Chinese files.

Mark

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 5:26 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Knock, knock .

Will we get these images back please, or should I start a new folder?

Mark

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 8:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm sorry Mark but it looks like they have been lost.  We have moved servers twice in the past three months and the images have gone AWOL.

They are not even in the backup so not sure why that happened.

Sorry.

Justin

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 8:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best Beaches in August on Costa Blanca South - 3 posts
Gas bottles in Manilva - 4 posts
New Business venture - 1 posts
How to find a good property management company? - 9 posts
Transport from Murcia Airport to Vera Playa - 15 posts
Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly - 7 posts
car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts
INDESIT WASHER,FRIDGE FREEZER,TUMBLE DRYER FOR SALE - 0 posts
QUALITY BEDROOM FURNITURE SET FOR SALE - 1 posts
Problem dogs - 3 posts
Problem dogs - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x