New Car Price Reduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Apr 2009 6:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Not sure why, but last time I did a price comparison on new cars using manufacturer's websites and selecting as near similar models as possible (they do vary slightly from one country to another) Spain did seem to come out cheaper than either Germany or Belgium, which surprised me. It certainly didn't used to be the case for 2nd hand, or else there wouldn't have been so many people bringing cars from Germany and re-registering them here. Maybe the choice on the 2nd hand market has improved. 12 years ago I did bring a car over from the UK, because the choice available where I was moving to (Mallorca) was so limited. (Didn't even occur to me to look in Barcelona!) Maybe as the economy was booming over the last decade and credit was cheap and easy, more people traded their cars for new ones, creating more choice in the 2nd hand market?

Steve, yes I was tempted to buy a Yank Tank, but I had a bad experience in Australia years earlier - bought a 5.7l V8 Holden sedan, bench seat and column shift etc., unfortunately it guzzled not only the gas, but the oil and water too, and blew up in the middle of the Outback, leaving me to hitch a ride to Alice Springs, where a scrap merchant agreed to drive out to collect the smoking wreck. He offered to swap it for a beaten up old Renault 16, which had no glass in the windows. Unlike Foxbat, I do not like French cars (even the ones with glass) and ended up seeing most of Oz by bus and thumb. Should have bought an old Datsun.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 8:04 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi  does anyone have a website for renault car dealers in costa del sol please thanks irene

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 16/06/2009.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 8:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

This is probably your nearest:

ROMBO SOL 2002, S.L. (FUENGIROLA)

CARRETERA DE MIJAS, S/N

29640 FUENGIROLA

Tel 952476400

Fax 952472454

There's one on the Poligono at El Pinillo (Torremolinos) as well, although for some reason it doesn't come up on the Renault website.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 1:30 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi roberto i new you would have the answer each time i try a web site i keep getting car hire sites they have new cars on offer till the end of june thanks irene

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Twingo for €5,800 for example? (personally I'd rather buy a couple of bikes, or take the train)

Just click here for Renault (Spain) website

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:10 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i have a bike but i can not get the shopping up the hill on it, and i can not take the bike on the train bye irene

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You won't be able to get a car up your hill either if it's raining - unless you opt for a 4x4 

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:31 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi but i know someone who can tow me ?bye Irene

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 10:19 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Pardon my ignorance, but on these websites where it says e.g. Twingo for e5800.   Is this the actual price or do you have to add on loads of extras like maybe IVA, plates, delivery, a.n.other tax as per UK sites?

i.e. if it says e5800 what would someone be likely to have to pay?  (Hopefully e5800 but i have been disillusioned in the UK so many times to question it )

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 2:03 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i think that is with a px but i have sent a fax to see what the price is and will tell you later bye irene

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 5:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yeah, sorry, Irene and I have been "talking" privately.

When I looked at the terms & cond. of this and the other deals on the Renault homepage, it turned out these are scrappage scheme trade in prices, same as in the UK. i.e. you have to be scrapping an old banger to get €2000 off the list price.

Most manufacturers sites have a configurator for new cars, so you can work out the price of the model and spec you want easily. The prices for new cars in Spain almost always are on-the-road prices. If you have difficulty understanding the website in Spanish, go to the equivalent UK site - usually they are virtually identical (except for language obviously, and some models differ slightly) so by having both pages displayed in separate tabs in your browser, you should be able to navigate your way around easily enough.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 7:50 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto in england the garages are giving £1,000 of if no px i sent an email to one garage you gave me last night just waiting for a answer and i am also  waiting for ren/garage to get back on the costing for one of there cars i  like i will let you no what i get in case i need a tow up that hill ha ha thanks bye Irene

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 12:25 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Usually new car dealers in Spain do not give discounts like in England - but these are not usual times. Although......... 'er indoors wants to buy a plancha and when I offered the pushy salesman in a local electrical store today €5 less than the ticket price, he suddenly became less pushy. In fact, he just walked away, like I'd just f*rted or something. Crisis? What crisis?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Jul 2009 8:30 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi roberto i got money off my car in spain but i had to change to another ren garage near you  irene

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

OUR WEE COUNTRY - 0 posts
Shops in Quesada? - 18 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x