has anyone been approached by an airline company?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

He all,

Have any of you been approached by an airline company? with regards to putting your property on there site for airline crew/pilots family? if so how has it gone...was it worth it...i can not remember the name of the company can anyone else?

I also know of a new site that is for prperty that take pets, FREE to first 50 non UK properties but you have to be able to take pets.

if your iterested PM me ....

ciao for now all

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 1:53 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Hiya

My brother has been cabin crew for 22 years with BA and my step-daughter flies for Virgin, my son's godson is the head of in-flight operations for BMI,and my sister-in-law flies for SAA, none of them know of any reputable airline that put crew in private homes.  Most stop-overs are only for one night due to the change in regulated flying hours, and crew have to be within a certain travel time of the airport, so they stay at the airport hotels.  Also, cabin crew are given credit cards to use when abroa d and USUALLY they can only draw money out at the hotel desk where they are staying.....

Please let us know who has contacted you and they will check it out, but right now they all think that it is a hoax.

Alyson

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 1:56 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

sorry, just read your message again, do you mean for crew to use as holidays?  Again, be careful, BA advertise in their staff magazine BA News, but they do not approach the public.  BMI and SAA don't do it, daughter away but I will ask about Virgin.

Alyson

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 2:16 PM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.

THEY SAID THEY HAVE A WEBSITE WERE THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PUTTING MY PROPERTY FOR AIRLINE CRE/PILOTS FAMILIES, IT WASN'T A NAMEOF AN AIRLINE...BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT SHE SAID NOW...IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE £99 TO ADVERTISE???? Oooppps sorry just realized caps lock.

I was a little wary and thought maybe some of you guys have been approached too and you may not have baby brain (he's 17mnths so youwould think i'd be back to normal by now) i have forgotten the name of the company?

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 2:43 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

mmm, I would be very vary.  If they contact you again ask EXACTLY where it is going to be advertised to which airlines staff would see it, and I will check it out for you.  Sounds like a scam to me.

Alyson

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 2:44 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was approached by a company from Manchester last year, they left a message on my answerphone. They made it sound as though it was to be for crew stopovers to get you to ring them back. When you return the call, they try to sell you advertising space in airline "company" magazines.  They did say that they did the magazines for BA, but I declined their offer. There is a post of mine somewhere about this contact.

Mark

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 3:22 PM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

that sounds like it...as i got a meesage which i have deleted now... then i did call them back, but they wanted money to advertise on a website...if they call again i will get more info too Alyson and forward it on here.

i was a bit reluctant due to the way they didit, the message sounded like a potential tenant but ended up being advert company; which i don't mind if they aren't scammers

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 4:47 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Hi

the only BA mag is BA NEWS and you can advertise free in there yourself, but get in the queue...its full of staff advertising their holiday homes!!!  I would ignore these people, and the bit about crew-stopovers is rubbish as I said in my earlier post.  Forgot, I am ex-GulfAir crew and my ex- husband is Saudia, so between the whole family we have most airlines covered!!

Alyson

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 6:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Knew i'd remember about it eventually (after being nudged by another forum!!).The company is question is Crewise and the thread I am reading is from 2007!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Google Street View. - 1 posts
Duquesa Buses - 2 posts
Catastro -v- Escritura - 1 posts
Five changing frequencies...possible problems - 3 posts
kids bicycles - 4 posts
Settling in. - 7 posts
Digger & driver for hire (Mazarron Area) - 0 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 2 posts
Bouncy Castle for sale. - 5 posts
air conditioning - 5 posts
The Wok Buffet - 6 posts
1 bed apartment wanted Manilva/Duquesa area - 2 posts
Looking for a housekeeping job - 0 posts
Andalucia Lifestyle - 4 posts
Which one are you..........???! - 1 posts
Looking for a Cleaner - 0 posts
Search and new site problems - 10 posts
Earth Hour Saturday 28th March 2009 - 8 posts
La Renta tax form 210 - How to complete - 2 posts
Free Market Electricity - 0 posts
IS THE BOTTOM IN SIGHT FOR SPAIN'S PROPERTY MARKET? - 39 posts
Petition to the Governor of the Bank of Spain - 2 posts
CAM bank calculation of Mortgage rate are the incorrect? - 4 posts
Peugeot 206 diesel for sale Spanish registered LHD - 3 posts
Costa advice bureau - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x