Buying off plan

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Titian Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'm new to eye on spain and hope I'm not asking a silly question-we are currently waiting patiently for our apartment in Cuevas De Almanzora to have the FOL/Habitation Cert passed by the towm hall.Completion was due in June last year and is now very overdue and at one point were considering pulling out as our contract was not adhered to (or so we thought).Our solicitor says because the builder put the application in on time he has kept within  the contract.However we have photos of the apartment taken after this date and it was not ready to live in-i.e the tiling was not finished-kitchen units not in place-does this not have to be done before applying for this certificate??It is all very confusing and I must say it is very hard to get regular communication from our solicitor.Any advice on completion and FOL would be appreciated

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 12:32 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Welcome to EOS Titian,

Take a look down the General forum and you will find lots of  information at 'Buying a property'  on the thread 'Licence of First Occupation'.

Briefly, if the Habitation Licence/ Licence of First occupation licence has not been granted AND the developer is in breach of contract,i.e., late completion, then you are entitled to cancel your contract.  The date on which the Licence was applied for is completely irrelevant, it is the date on which it is granted that matters.

It does seem that your lawyer is either unfamiliar with conveyancing law or working towards a satisfactory transaction for the developer.

If you go to 'Blogs', Maria de Castro the 'in house' lawyer ( I hope you don't mind that description Maria!!) has posted many invaluable articles  regarding  the law and your rights when purchasing property    in Spain.  I strongly advise you to read them.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 3:44 PM by Titian Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Many thanks Sandra-I will look into it further

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 4:23 PM by dave chis Star rating in San Juan De Los Terr.... 38 posts Send private message

dave chis´s avatar

Do you have a bank guarantee covering your deposit? If not insist you get one.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 5:16 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

be very careful as a lot on here had bank g/tee but turned out to be not worth the paper they are written on !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Van space to and from UK. - 1 posts
New To Forum - 1 posts
lisa stych-waterlily1975 - 7 posts
Advice needed please - 2 posts
GerardG - 1 posts
Post Office box (Apartado de Correos) - cost of annual renewal? - 0 posts
We are in Jardin, Miraflores - 2 posts
New Iceland store - 10 posts
Plusvalia who pays? - 14 posts
Transferring Electric and Water on completion enquiry - 13 posts
Tax on transfers - 11 posts
Mortgage broker - 4 posts
Utility Bills - 2 posts
ITV show 'Tonight' Friday 30th January 'Your pound abroad'. - 0 posts
Done, dusted, contracts exchanged.... - 12 posts
Looking for a good british lawyer - 21 posts
For Sale - 0 posts
New TV service - 2 posts
Register to pay taxes - 17 posts
More Siesta Show - 8 posts
A question for Maria, Faults with new property. Any advice please - 4 posts
British Jobs for British Workers are you seeing Descrimination in Spain - 11 posts
Ryanair to charge £30 if duty free won't fit in hand baggage - 10 posts
Air conditioning units for sale - 2 posts
Nearly new fridge freezer for sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x