Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Justin

For some time you've been saying the search facility leaves a lot to be desired & who am I to argue with you ?

The problem I'm having is searching others posts, I often get zilch as if they don't exist !

When someone posts & they are obviously discussing their development/area (& they haven't completed their profile so no one knows where they are in Spain) I search their posts to see if they mentioned this previously so I can hopefully answer.

It doesn't matter whether I type their sitename in or do a copy & paste, some members do not come up as being here yet they are, of course.

One member I can never find posts of is J&N (Jacqui & Neil in Almeria) & Jacqui posts quite a lot.

I've just tried to find the previous posts of JHW but it says, in both cases,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All post by user "" are shown below:

<< Search again

<< Search again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm referring to these members & I've encountered others too though I can't recall who now.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

JHW
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 13 posts

Send private message to JHW

Hi Is there anyone out there who has experienced damp in their apartment and have any advice on their own experiences---our appeared in the summer and is steadily getting worse! we cannot get replies from anyone who should be dealing with it --we were not planning to visit until next summer so dealing with it at a distance is stressful , although friends on site are very supportive.jw

28 May 2008 7:52 AM

J&N
Star rating
Adosado

J&N´s avatar

I'm in San Juan de los Terreros, Almeria

I've made 298 posts

Send private message to J&N

Oops sorry More, I don't think I scrolled down enough.  I'm glad your enjoying my blogs and I'm really pleased to have got an internet connection sorted at the villa via Vodaphone, not broadband, not perfect but hey, I'm back on line - yippee. 

It looks like I'll need to get sun hats and suncream for the dogs then! They are outside all the time, they just love it here. It's a good job it's warm enough to leave the door open otherwise I would be constantly up and down to le them out. They are very sensible and have found that if they lie down by the gate there is a good draft comes underneath. I have never known them drink so much water and have to keep checking their dishes. They have discovered woodlice and beetles here that they've never seen before which is comical but the best has to be the automatic water system they have installed to water the plants here. When it comes on the dogs can hear the noise around the base of the plants, but can't see anything so we found them barking at a tree last night with a very quizzical look on their faces.

Hubby has gone to play golf so I've a got a few hours to myself this morning.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here....and more.

http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com - our 2 cavalier puppies from 6 weeks old to now

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 4:50 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It could be that JHW has joined their own development's forum and made the majority of their postings in there? The search facility won't show you these posts because you will need to be registered for that forum to read any of them. I imagine it is for much the same reason as once in a development forum, you cannot search it for information, instead having to scroll through all messages.

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes, Mark, I agree with you that the posts made in a development forum are not shown on searching a member's name on General forums BUT the posts made on General forums certainly are so I should be able to see JHW's post on here & certainly all of J&N's, which I can't.

If you search members posts it gives the total posts they've made whether made in General forum OR a development forum. (Doesn't it ?? )

Unless Justin has deleted the odd one for whatever reason if it says 25 posts & you find 25 posts in General forum then member hasn't posted in a development forum. If it says 25 posts & you only find 15 in General forum then member has posted 25 - 15 = 10 in a development forum or had 10 posts deleted.

For example member 'wodge' has just made his/her 1st post on General forum, search for  'wodge' & you get this

31 Jan 2009 6:08 PM

wodge
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 1 posts

Send private message to wodge

This post belongs to the following thread: Damp in apartments

You need to determine the source of the damp i.e rising, penatrative or humidity damp. The majority of problems relate to humidity damp and the only way to solve that is to increase ventilation.

I control tha damp in my apartment by leaving a dehumidifier on whilst the property is unoccupied. The water collected drains directly into the shower tray and avoids the need for anyone to empty the collection container.

(me digging myself into a hole )

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fortuna Golf, Mercia. - 3 posts
Apartment rental wanted - 2 posts
Traditional Spanish bbq Heredades - 0 posts
Damp in apartments - 2 posts
MARIA - Can you or anybody else offer ANY advice please. - 0 posts
Swimming Pool - 30 posts
Carnaval de Cádiz - 0 posts
car tax - 12 posts
Not sure what to do. - 8 posts
COSTA DEL SOL ACTION GROUP - 2 posts
Costa del Sol One bedroom apartment wanted rental period February 21 to March 13, 2009 - 0 posts
ANDULACIAN DREAM HOMES AGENTS IN FUENGIROLA - 1 posts
Anyone in Aguas Nuevas, Torrevieja - 0 posts
Fireplace required in Marbella area.... - 11 posts
L/Term rental required Costa Calida coastal area please - 0 posts
Feliz cumpleaños Maria de Castro - 10 posts
ADVICE / HELP PLEASE: Reclaiming instalment payments & interest - 9 posts
Private Car Hire - 0 posts
JUSTIN : Text size in posts these days, help needed please. - 0 posts
Long term apartment required-Couple no children or pets-non-smokers, teetotal - 14 posts
Ok I'm lost (again)......... - 3 posts
Las Rambles costa blanca - 27 posts
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK - 1 posts
Hi....new on EOS and need ideas - 14 posts
El Saltador - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x