residencia certificate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2009 1:40 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

That is great Mariposa07!

Are you really a "mariposa"?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 2:40 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We're relocating to Spain and, without trawling through hundreds of posts (!!), I wondered if anyone could direct me, in the Manilva area, as to what we have to do to become resident.  Does my husband have to physically be there to effect this or can I also register him (with his original passport, etc.) on his behalf?

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 2:57 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Pitby,

I went to Estepona Police Station (Policia Nacional) to get my NIE number, but it turns out I got the green residencia certificate which includes the NIE.  I had been planning a trip along to Estepona to get the residencia certificate until somebody pointed out that I already had it!

Did you get your NIE in Estepona?  If so, maybe they gave you residencia as well?

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 3:10 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi David

No, I believe we just got the NIEs.  So can I just go to Estepona for the residencia certificate do you think?

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 3:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Yeah, it's another trip to Estepona police station for you then.  You'll need to get there early (before 8.00am) to get a ticket.  They only have 50 tickets available.

To get my residencia, I took my padron certificate, copy of my rental agreement (title deeds if you are an owner), my passport and a copy of my passport and 2 completed NIE forms.  On the NIE form I had said I was working and living in Spain, so that's maybe why she gave me the green residencia certificate and not just the NIE.  But I think there is a proper form to fill in for residencia..

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 3:50 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Sanchez 1 Guess what they have changed the rules again. Now you need to get the residencia before the padron. So all you need is passport, photocopy of the same and the tax 10 euros if you have the NIE and 20 if you have not.  I wrote an article that I will post reference the misunderstanding when applying for the NIE and then obtaining the residencia. Please make sure everyone that you are filling in the correct form, they are both similar. I will post the small article but need to add that some of the smaller barriada one I will not mention in the outskirts of Estepona has allowed a non resident to go on the padron. The couple in question told the office that they resided sx months here and six months in Britain. Allowed them on the padron to get rates reduction. OK but what the couple do not realise that they are now residents in Spain for tax purposes.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
01 Sep 2010 5:09 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

With regard to obtaining / renewing your residencia or obtaining an NIE in the Murcia city administration area.  Please note that the old Rotunda building that we all used to go to to obtain these documents, has now closed.  The new office is located just off the A7 on the Carretera De Madrid / Calle Cabezo Cortao (Calle Cortado on Google Earth) which is on the N301 to Molina De Segura.  The new building is just past the BMW dealer and just before the Repsol garage, all on the right side of the carriageway.  It is the large glass fronted building.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections - 4 posts
Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts
CONVERTING RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR TO LEFT HAND DRIVE - 37 posts
life guard - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to Murcia. - 0 posts
Planning permission needed? - 8 posts
Satellite TV Tenerife - 1 posts
builders mortgage - 5 posts
Thanks! - 0 posts
Is the current economic climate a reason for non completion. - 8 posts
renting apartment - 1 posts
Business premises lease for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a local lawyer (Almería) experienced in dealing with Dación en pago? Advice? - 9 posts
HI, new to forum. Has anyone used propertyinspain.net? Are they reliable? - 21 posts
Lodgings required. - 2 posts
Advice needed - thinking of selling apartment in Phase 7 - 3 posts
BMW 316 COUPE FOR SALE 2002 - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a local lawyer (Almería) experienced in dealing with Dación en pago? Advice? - 1 posts
Legal aspect of renting long term. - 0 posts
Linda - 0 posts
Overview of the health system in Spain - 6 posts
livery for horses urgent. - 0 posts
Anybody taking a van to Costa del Sol with space available early Feb? - 2 posts
New claim for .Aifos bankruptcy - 2 posts
Beer Pumps for sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x