Glitter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by g.pomeroyliverpool Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Im looking to move to spain next year with my husband and two boys ages 8 and 5.  Am looking to move into and an english community with a good international school nearby.  My husband works off shore diving for 4 weeks at a time, so its important for me to live in a nice friendly communtiy as most of the time I am on my own. and would like to be walking distance to most things as with the driving being on the other side of the road, would feel I would have to take driving lessons again to build up my confidence to start driving out there.

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what areas would be good for the things that I want?

Like 0      
13 Jan 2009 9:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I would say that Marbella area has a vast choice of international schools and communities with other expats.There are also shopping centres, lots of acitivities for children. I personally don't live in Marbella but for someone who is going to be on her own with children for periods of time I can recommend it from a social point of view. I guess it depends on which coast you are looking at. I can only advise on Costa del Sol.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Jan 2009 7:40 PM by BBBunny Star rating in Javea, Costa Blanca. 20 posts Send private message

I'm in the same situation, my husband works four on and four off too, currently in Indonesia. My dad also worked off shore as a deep sea diver for many years! We are moving to Javea in March, which is on the coast between Alicante and Valencia.  I think the area you choose is all down to personal preference. We looked at a few areas, working our way down from Murcia, and eventually decided on Javea, it just felt right for us. Our, then five year old, son will go to an International School there and the school has a very active parents group, so we will hopefully get involved with that.  It was also important for us to be near an airport, so this will give John the choice of two to fly in and out off.

'We are renting for 11 months, and keeping our house in the UK, to make sure that we really like it before fully committing. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't all work out, but you dont really know until you are staying somewere for a length of time.  We did lots and lots of research before we went to look for a house to rent, and were lucky in receiving personal recommendations for lawyer, agents etc. The more information you can gather the better and this site will certainly give you loads.  I woldn't worry about the driving, though it might be easier to get used to the roads in the winter, rather than when the "mad" tourists are there!

Hope it all works out for you.  Just ask if there is anything you would like to know..   the closer it gets for us the more excited I get!  I do have the odd moments of panic but they soon pass, especially when I am out defrosting the car every morning!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 11:31 AM by Jewel of Moray Star rating in Daya Nueva, CB, form.... 17 posts Send private message

Hi Glitter

I, like BBBunny, am also in a similar situation as yourself.  My husband works offshore, North Sea, 3 on, 3 off and we are hoping to move out to the Torrevieja area later this year.  We have 2 boys, 12 and 14 who we need to consider also.  It is important for me too that I find an area where there is plenty of things and people going about, on visiting areas out of season it is easy to see where all the holiday homes are, nobody around.

I would advise you to visit as many areas as possible and at different times.  This is a great forum for information and everybody is really friendly and helpful.  I wish you all the best and keep us informed of your plans.

Lorraine

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Procumasa Las Kalendas Problems with getting Major repairs done. Help Required? - 1 posts
Spanish Property Title Insurance - 0 posts
Moors and Christians festival Mojacar - 1 posts
Private Medical Insurance - 4 posts
JUDGEMENT DAY (Would have made a good film) - 0 posts
taking my motability car to spain - 4 posts
La cala apartment - 0 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN - 13 posts
Bringing a car to Spain..... - 5 posts
Any good news out there????? - 6 posts
Life style thoughts on 2009-what are yours? - 0 posts
WARNING WHEN BUYING A NEW LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR - 5 posts
Holiday rental las kalendas - 0 posts
Education in Andalucia - 0 posts
Registering with schools for the first time .... - 25 posts
Buying a villa with planning permission issues - 2 posts
almeria airport carhire quote - 1 posts
Buying a villa with planning permission issues - 7 posts
Getting Older in Spain - 16 posts
Where are we holidaying this year? - 29 posts
we're giving the UK the fingers up.Selling UK property before UK goes to the dogs - 260 posts
Limited 3% - 0 posts
WHEN ADOES A PROPERTY BECOME LIABLE FOR COMMUNITY CHARGES - 3 posts
posting to the uk - 4 posts
Dedicated to Woolworths and M&S Staff and all those under Threat in dear old England...... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x