Warning - don't fall for this scam

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
This is a copy of an email sent to a client of mine yesterday.  He had his property listed for sale with one of the companies who advertise on behalf of owners and got what he thought was a genuine query about his property.  It is a well-known scam but I haven't seen it in this context before.  I know people are getting desperate to sell in this slow market but do not be tempted - you stand to lose a lot of money!   

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your detailed reply.
Please what is the last price you will sell the property?. I still want to invest in more profitable properties in your country and I believe you are in better position to assist me achieve this investment plan.
 I am Richard Jamieson from Luanda Angola, A retired Politician/Senior Civil Servant.I wouldn't want you to expose this investment due to the Government of Angola is currently investigating the source of my wealth as there were embezzlements of Government funds in my office during my tenure. I can not travel down to your country to inspect the property for now due to the nature of the investigation, I need someone like you to handle the project on my behalf and when my case is over, I will relocate with my family to meet you. I am willing to give you 5% commission from the total investment funds, if you can handle this project perfectly. I have a total sum of ($16.10 Million ) deposited in a Financial Firm ready for this investment. I shall hand over this fund to you once I confirm that you are capable of handling this project on my behalf.

Secondly, you must note that this transaction must be highly confidential because it is against the constitution of my country for any served political officer holder or retired civil servant to acquire properties outside Angola.

Please my good friend, I will be very happy if you can help me achieve this investment plan. I will advice you get back to me immediately if you are willing to assist me.Also get back to me with details of further residential & commercial properties which we will invest the rest of the funds after purchasing your property.

Awaiting for reply.

Thanks and best regard.

Richard Jamieson

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Hire Scam - 18 posts
Furniture / kitchen recommendations - 6 posts
Diesel Renault Scenic for sale. (small people carrier shape) - 6 posts
markandjane - 17 posts
How do you survive without Speaking Spanish - 41 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - job help for Gib etc would be great - 21 posts
Obama is the new US president - 4 posts
E BOOK CRISIS! - 6 posts
looking for 3bed rental in algorfa area for march09 long term - 0 posts
Cox, near Orihuela. - 1 posts
stamp duty - 3 posts
markandjane - 0 posts
ITV on a Moped - 1 posts
Is property exchange legal in Spain? - 5 posts
Easy Jet Credit Card - 3 posts
Has anybody used Murcia Furniture? - 10 posts
Daisy - 10 posts
Asturias - 2 posts
Handing the keys over - 2 posts
Spanish Driving Licence - 2 posts
health care in catalunya - 1 posts
Average Percentage - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 0 posts
Telemicro is back... - 18 posts
Generator for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x