Has anybody used Murcia Furniture?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We have been looking at Murcia Furniture, who are on the road between Murcia and Cartagena.  We liked the quality of the furniture, and their flexibility, but wondered if anybody else had used them.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 5:25 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have not used them personally but lots of the people that we have snagged properties for have and we have checked the installations and found no problems

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 8:14 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thanks, Roy, for a helpful and quick response.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 2:41 PM by edna Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

BOUGHT ALL OUR FURNITURE FROM MURCIA FURNITURE, THEY ARRIVED AT 10 AM AS ARRANGED, FITTED ALL LIGHTS AND FURNITUREAND LEFT NO MESS.  THEY FITTED OUT A 3 BED 2 BATH VILLA IN ROLDAN AND FINISHED AT AROUND 5PM.  THE WASHING MACHINE HAD A SMALL LEAK AND THEY SENT OUT PLUMBER THE FOLLOWING MORNING TO REPAIR.  I THOUGHT THEY WERE EXCELLENT
REGARDS
TOM

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 2:34 PM by oldman40 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi,

Murcia furniture are one of the biggest in the area but I understand they are closing two offices at the moment and laying off staff, not a good sign! I have a lot of friends who have properties in the area and they did all shop around, a few of them said that Murcia Furniture was quite expensive for the quality of furniture(mainly imported I believe) and they bought from a shop in Pilar de la Horadada that sells locally made Spanish furniture at what they considered to be very competitive prices, I am sure it was called Spanish Furniture Supplies (sf supplies) but will try to confirm. My pals said the couple who run it are English and very helpful. I hope that might help you?

Samuel

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 6:52 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We used DFS in San Javier. They were great!  Ikea are also good.

Daveil

Like 0      
21 Nov 2008 8:51 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We used Muebles Direct in Torre Pacheco for beds and sofas, the storage beds are great!! The service was marvellous. There is a Spanish furniture store to the right of it and after searching everywhere for a wall unit, found a lovely one in there, and not too pricey. They delivered the next day.

The rest we bought in Ikea and are very happy with the overall look. Really enjoyed putting it all together. The Yorkshire bedding company, San Javier does great bedding, duvets, towels etc. And the market is good for bits and bobs like pots and pans, pillows etc.

Happy shopping.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 2:12 PM by oldman40 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

sorry for the delay in confirming, Definately Spanish Furniture Supplies and again my friends said they were fantastic. All furniture was made within the region and the choices were endless, they say well wotrh a look.

I have their number 966 766 863   Good shopping!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 3:07 PM by oldman40 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Just heard via an agent friend that Murcia Furniture have not paif their staff for two months, this seems to confirm the noises I was hearing about them late last year. Be Careful everyone!!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 2:40 PM by aml Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for the positive feedback Candyfloss, this is Fred from Muebles Direct, we have now moved to better premises still in the same row of shops on the main road. If anyone is interested we are now called The Furniture Store.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 5:16 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Well I must admit that I have had a very worrying couple of months after the latest posting re Murcia Furniture, as we decided to go with them after my original posting, on the basis that when we went to their showroom I had only received positive comments!  We had paid our deposit by the time I read some negative comments, so could only wait and hope for the best.

I am pleased to report (and very relieved!) that Murcia Furniture lived up to our original expectations: they arrived on time, we gave them a key, and we then left them to it.  When we returned everything was in place: all our lights had been fitted (it's a new property), curtain poles had also been fitted, pictures were on the walls, all the glasses and crockery etc had been put away in the kitchen cupboards, and they had removed all the packaging etc.  The furniture is good quality and we are more than happy with the service.  A couple of things weren't exactly as we had ordered, as the supplier had stopped making them, however we have reached an agreement with them and have no complaints.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Daisy - 10 posts
Asturias - 2 posts
Handing the keys over - 2 posts
Spanish Driving Licence - 2 posts
health care in catalunya - 1 posts
Average Percentage - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 0 posts
Telemicro is back... - 18 posts
Generator for sale - 0 posts
Selling In UK? - 0 posts
Hidden Charges.mmm - 9 posts
How long can you drive your uk car in spain - 16 posts
Happy Halloween! - 3 posts
Am I liable for my husbands debt in spain? - 6 posts
Indoor pools in Costa Blanca North - 4 posts
Welcome neighbour - 6 posts
work wanted - 0 posts
Spanish mobiles (Vodafone) in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Going to football matches in Spain - 2 posts
TV - Definitive answer - 0 posts
Holiday rental website owners in the Almeria region, attention please! - 1 posts
pool covers - 1 posts
Voting Majority - 4 posts
Tips for those with family in the UK - 2 posts
USB Alfa Wifi receiver - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x