Holiday rental website owners in the Almeria region, attention please!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
You may have seen a thread recently where Justin was giving me some advice about search engine optimisation. One of the mentions made was that quality backlinks from similar sites help to raise the awareness of your website in the search engines, as well as the site being hosted on a UK server.

I purchased a domain last year to market our holiday rental property, but decided after a few months that it was too long a name for people to remember easily. It has recently been acting as a mirror site for my new rentals site when I hit on an idea. Why not use the domain and some extra space I have with my new webhost to set up a reciprocal link exchange site? 

Basically, because the site is called apartmentrentalalmeria.co.uk, it is for apartments, villas and B&B's in the Almeria region that have their own website and are willing to exchange a link. It is in the really early stages at the moment and is looking really bare with just my details on it. My site currently has a Google page rank of 2, so it could be of benefit to many of you to link to it and of course I will benefit with your link, which in turn will raise the page rank.

Justin has okayed me to ask if anyone from the forum would help with being a guinea pig. I must point out, that this is strictly a link exchange site and should not be treated as an alternative means of advertising. There is no charge for adding your link and they are all added personally, not by a robot, so if I become overwhelmed please bear with me.

If you have managed to stay awake through all that, you can see what the link site will look like at www.apartmentrentalalmeria.co.uk . Not all areas are listed yet, but they will be added as properties are added to that area. If you would like to exchange your link, you will need to email me with your name, property address, picture (no bigger than 200 pixels wide please), telephone number (landline preferred, mobile number and the all important website address. For the email address, please PM me, or see the Owners page on the website.

Thank you Justin for allowing me to post this and I look forward to hearing from all you Almeria rentla property owners .

Mark

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 8:55 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So a reasonable 43 people have clicked to read this thread so far, but no links as yet . Is this because 

1. The people that have been looking are not Almeria rental property owners?
2. The Almeria rental property owners don't have a website?
3. The website owners don't want to provide a reciprocal link?
4. The area your property is in isn't listed? (not a problem, they will be added as and when owners apply)
5. Everyone thinks this is a scam of some sort?

If you have looked at the site, you should be able to see what I am trying to achieve and how the links will be presented. That's it, that is as sinister as it gets . With only our property on there and a couple of Google ads, it looks pretty lonely there. 

Let me re- iterate. This is a link exchange only, not a property rental website. There is not now, nor can I ever see any charge for putting the property in this link site. It is being run in some spare space on my website and therefore costs me nothing, so why would I want to charge you? Submitting your link allows my page rank to increase (so long as you include the reciprocal link) which in turn increases the quality of the link from my site to yours, which in turn helps your rating in the search engines.

Hopefully now it is the weekend, you may have a little more time to give it a try .

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

pool covers - 1 posts
Voting Majority - 4 posts
Tips for those with family in the UK - 2 posts
USB Alfa Wifi receiver - 0 posts
A friend needs help - 5 posts
Jan le tap - 0 posts
Need advise on ending retal contract - 2 posts
cheap phone calls - 14 posts
WHERE CAN WE GET SHEETS OF PLYWOOD - 2 posts
Freecycle - 6 posts
Chesarina - 1 posts
Question for Maria re driving licence - 7 posts
Pedestrian safety bridge law - 0 posts
holiday rental contract - 1 posts
Advertising Portals...Good? Bad? ADVICE! - 0 posts
Outrageous community and admin fees! - 21 posts
Peugeot 806 GLX 7 seat MPV for sale or part exchange for Spanish vehicle - 0 posts
barthy - 0 posts
Moped Driving Licence - 3 posts
Good restaurant in Villajoyosa - 0 posts
La Tercia Real - Off Plan Buying - Who Can You Trust - 3 posts
Developers using the Credit Crunch as an Excuse not to Repair Snags and Major Problems - 1 posts
"Dación en pago" - 8 posts
Planning to move to spain, got a few questions if anyone could help me! - 4 posts
Newbie here! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x