Costa Almeria- worth a look if you are thinking of buying

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

The Spanish province of Almeria boasts about 200 miles (322km) of varied, scenic coastline that attracts many northern Europeans to its developed area near the main towns, but also offers idyllic spots for nature-lovers to explore with its many unspoilt fishing villages, long sandy beaches and small intimate coves  Sunny and mild, Almeria lies southeast of the Iberian Peninsula on the Mediterranean Sea, still bearing the archaeological evidence of the many ancient cultures, from the Tartessos and Phoenicians to the Romans and Visigoths, who were drawn here by the natural beauty and useful maritime geographic location. The region retains an African flavour, imbibed from that continent which is a short distance away across the Mediterranean.

It is an area becoming more and more popular for those seeking to buy a property in Spain at a competitive price compared with other locations and you can find a 2 bed apartment or maisonette on a small complex from circa 120.000 €. If you want a villa about 25 minutes inland then you can find a 2 bed on a 400m2 plot from 160.000 €

My favourite beach is San Juan de los Terreros but there are so many to choose from that everyone can find there own bit of personal space, except in July and August, when you sometimes think the whole of Spain has descended on the area!

I suppose if the Spanish like it then it’s time the rest of us had a good look  

Inland, Almeria is rather barren and arid but attractive, and boasts Europe's only desert region around the village of Tabernas, which has been used as the location for several western movies Here you can buy a 2 bed apartment on a complex now being built from 99.900 €

In the east the lunar-landscaped Cabo de Gata-Nijar nature reserve with its rugged coastline, attracts hikers, birders and scuba divers.

The lively capital city of Almeria, boasts picturesque squares, some worthy sights to see, cafes, a ferry port and marina. Lovely beaches, marinas, hotels and sports centres provide plenty to keep everyone happy

Almost every town has it’s weekly market which keeps the cost of living down and it is surely a must area to visit if you are thinking about buying a holiday home or living in Spain full or part time

Access to the airports is now much improved and in due course the Spanish AVE high speed train will stop at Vera 

A touch biased I suppose because I intend to winter here

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 8:35 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
I ahve just bought in Alfaix - near Turre/Mojacar and it is trluy stunning - as is much of the province!

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 12:37 AM by Gamekeeper Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Interesting article for us as this is the area we intend to move to, probably between Paolmares and Garrucha or Turre area.
I found the lack of transport infrastructure from Palomares frustrating, having had to make a considerable walk to catch a bus into Vera. Hiring a scooter from Mojacar was the best thing we did, so purchasing one on arrival will be one of the first things we do.
Reading articles from other subscribers has made us decide to take a 3 month rental on an apartment while looking for that elusive ideal property within our budget. Perhaps some suggestions on long term rental properties would be useful, if anyone has any suggestions. We intend to make the permanent move around July/August of next year. Any suggestions welcomed.
Regards
Malcolm aka Gamekeeper

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 5:58 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Malcolm
I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.....many have but like anywhere in Spain treat buying with the same caution as you would in UK

There is a great life style out there and just now there are some good buys....but that probably applies everywhere in EU !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Telefonica - 29 posts
Hairpoint, Dutch hairdresser in Guardamar del Segura - 0 posts
Missing Garage Roof - 0 posts
palmera properties/mirador group - 16 posts
Doors/Gates - 1 posts
DIESEL - drop in price - 26 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - In Administration - 0 posts
I'm totally confused. - 11 posts
When do I have to pay property taxes - 2 posts
Looking for an apartment near Torrevieja - 5 posts
Anyone know about property prices in El Galan, Villamartin? - 6 posts
How do I get on tne Hacienda forum ? - 6 posts
Medical emergency telephone number - 5 posts
TM Update - From the Guardia Website and other webpages... - 2 posts
moving FROM Madrid to East Anglia - 0 posts
equivalent to bupa ? - 2 posts
does anyone know of any papers offered in braille - 1 posts
ferry to spain - only option ? - 14 posts
flying with pets - 9 posts
Deeds of sale signed in the presence of a non Spanish Notary - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about apart-sol estate agent - 0 posts
SUMAS - 15 posts
recomendations of a good estate agent in riviera del sol - 0 posts
Financial crisis in personal terms - 1 posts
BEWARE.......another con.............. - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x