TELMICRO BACK?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2010 2:34 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

I wonder how many people still have the equipment.  

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 2:57 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Anyone who didn't go over to Torresat 

My neighbour was desparate for her UK fix but couldn't get a reception for Torresat so had Simulsat installed.

I'm non resident so I was loathe to sign up for anyone else.  I was able to reconnect the system to receive Simulsat gratis and have now had TDT installed.  Great for learning Spanish and also keeping up with news in Spain rather than UK.

I've just read RTN on-line and see that there are quite a few adverts in there for Telemicro installations, 40e for new dish and 150 for complete installation - 16 channels in total.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 9:01 PM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

One thing is for sure! They will not be rebroadcasting sky sports or sky movies again! How they got away with that I do not know..

I read about another "re-broadcaster" that got shut down I think near Cabo-Roig last year it was in the papers, and a Swiss Company in Denia got raided and shut down.I would eat a 1.9 Famaval dish if these rebroadcasters have any formal permission or any agreements with BBC ITV CH4 etc to rebroadcast there channels as it is a form of piracy.

As with anything in life you get what you pay for!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 7:53 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

One thing I've never been able to understand is why when the signal is coming from a satellite in the sky do we need a 1.9 dish to receive it.  I'm not asking for an explanation as it would go straight over my head anyway. 

If it was small like the ones in UK then every house on the Costa Blanca would install one and the Re Broadcasters would go out of business.

The simple fact is there are more small houses in the Costa Blanca than villas or apartment blocks which have the area required to install a 1.9 dish.  Re-Broadcasting is the only way that I and many others can receive UK tv, it will always do well here due to the demand. 

I know from experience that I live in a bad reception area, I also have difficulty in receiving TDT when the sky is clear.  Bad weather overhead and it's picture perfect...go figure.  New transmitters have been installed recently so I'm hoping that this will have been sorted when I next go out to Spain.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 11:20 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

One thing I've never been able to understand is why when the signal is coming from a satellite in the sky do we need a 1.9 dish to receive it.

That is where you are misunderstanding.

UK TV actually comes from 4 satellites, each of these satellites have their own characterisics and transmitting patterns.

In fact if you wanted Sky Sports 1,2 and 3 then you should be OK with a 80 or even a 60 cm dish - as these are transmited from one of the satellite "beams" that is easy to receive. But SSport 4 is on another satellite to 1,2,3 and so reception of SS4 is worse, hence a bigger dish helps reception.

But if you want the free to air versions of BBC1,2,3,4,itv1,2,3,4,C4,e4,m4,five then they are on a satellite with a beam whose reception is poor in Spain, hence big dish.

So you only need a big dish if you want the channels that are on that weaker satellite. I would say that over 50% of the SKy PAY channels are available on a 60-80cm dish over most of Spain.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community fees - expected to pay more! - 13 posts
ESCRITURA - 20 posts
Help with postage, posting a letter. - 6 posts
Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs - 17 posts
title deed - 5 posts
mobile homes - 1 posts
mortgage protection - 9 posts
doyouspain.com vs carjet.com - 14 posts
how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x