Help with postage, posting a letter.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi, 

Any one have an idea how to post a letter back to the U.K without having to go to the post office, (ill at the moment, but hubby can post through a post box when he gets home) I have bought loads of stamps a bit ago but dont know if I will be able to post to uk using Spanish stamps and how many to put on.

Any advice please!!!

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 12:24 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi,    It depends on weight and size of envelope, I believe the post room is open at 10 on Saturdays.                                          There is a postbox in the main road by the bus stop, I have posted a few cards there and basically guessed the amount no one in the UK had to pay any more, I probarly put to many on.   Have you not got someone that can go for you?   I would have done it if I had been there.  Well you get well soon.  Take care Pat     

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 1:45 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Last time i posted back to UK (birthday card) used 68 centimos in stamps. If your other half goes to Tabacos and asks for  stamps for UK they usually know the going rate. they do not weigh though so larger type may need to go to correos.
Hopev you soon recover.
Jean 

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 3:27 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi, 

Thankyou both for your advice and kind words, My husband wil take it to the post box for me, just couldnt get to the post ofice before it closed as I feel unwell, I bought lots of stamps a bit ago so thats not a problem, just did not know if you have to do something special for overseas.  Its only a small birhday card, and need to post it prefrebly before weekend and Monday would be my next day. I am glad I can post it normally I will put an extra stamp on for good luck,LOL. 

Thanks once again for your help, and Pat you are too kind, hope to see you soon

Love from Twinmummy

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 11:22 PM by nesbeth Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I had to post a letter to the UK from Spain, it was in a normal sized envelope but because the envelope was light blue I had to put 2 stamps on it, I couldn't believe it.

In future we use only white normal  sized envelopes.

Wendy x

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 8:12 AM by moiraandian Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

If you google for  correos, the first sight is the web page for the Spanish Post Office.
All details and prices are there, and it's also available in English if you need it.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 2:27 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thanks very much for your very useful advice, once again the members of EOS has come through for me.

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs - 17 posts
title deed - 5 posts
mobile homes - 1 posts
mortgage protection - 9 posts
doyouspain.com vs carjet.com - 14 posts
how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts
James Rowley - 0 posts
Our Holiday Experience - 1 posts
Players needed for the new season.... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x