Key Holding

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2008 5:47 AM by munroist3308 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Norma
I am on Playa Golf 111 R3 No 23. You are six doors up from me. The road is called Calle Cabo Finistree. The German chap with the dog next door to you does not own the house, he is renting it of the owner John. If you want any building work done, air con fitting grills etc, don't have it done by San Hose. There are lots of other people who will do the work for you a lot cheaper and will do a better job. All the neighbors will back me up on that. Freddy passes your house every day because he calls in at our house for a cuppa most days. If you want any odd jobs doing he is your man.  The natives on Playa golf 111 are a friendly bunch and all look out for one another. We are out on the 28th July for a fortnight Yippie.  

Regards
Phil.

This message was last edited by munroist3308 on 7/16/2008.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 8:34 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Norma - Just catching up with the latest postings, glad to read that so many people are helping you out and giving you peace of mind.

A friend of mine did the same thing when her new house was completed.  She waited until she had installed additional grills to the ones that came with the house before she made arrangements for the furniture to be delivered.

Most new owners are non-resident so firms have to be flexible regarding dates.  My friend went out to order her furniture pack for delivery in November 2002 only to find that the foundations hadn't been laid on her plot.  She went ahead with the order otherwise it would have been a wasted trip, I think it was about 3 years later when it was delivered.

Air-Conditioning - Were you told that the house came with pre-installation for air conditioning or pre-installed air conditioning.  If the former then it means that you will have wiring sticking out of the walls, you will have to buy the actual units yourself.

Isn't the internet wonderful, you've not even stepped inside your new home and already you're talking to your neighbour who is six doors down and Freddy who pops in for a cuppa.

Although I did wince Phil when I read your address, not always a good idea to give out personel details on a public forum.

Have a great holiday, hope you like the heat, too hot for me in June

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 8:49 AM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hello semijubilada  and many thanks for your very prompt response!  also for the good information you provided me with.  I agree with you in terms of the furniture and security Grills and in respect of the air conditioning, originally San Jose said it would just be the piping but at a later date when I tried to negotiate further with them owing to the delay they said they would put the air conditioning units upstairs and also build a balustrade on the terrace, I am not sure if this has been done, I will email phil and ask him to take a stroll up the road and perhaps let me know!
Thank you once again for your help!
best wishes
Norma

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 10:00 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Norma, as you are dealing with this from the UK you need photographs to prove that the builder hasn't completed his end of the contract.

You can then attach these to the emails you send to agent/builder/solicitor.  I wouldn't part with money until everything is finished to your satisfaction.  If it was part of the sale then it should adhered too, once you've parted with the balance to complete the sale you will have no leveredge to get this done.

Good luck

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 12:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This is turning out to be such a warm, happy thread with good people helping each other out & that is how life should be too.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 7:25 PM by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Norma.  I wouldn't  worry too much about the ballustrades, grills or Air-con, providing you haven't paid for them of course....As Phil will confirm the company that fitted our air-con and another company who did our building works are both superb..I'm sure Phil, David ( your next door neighbour)  or I could point you in the right direction for all that kind of work...
My advice is not to worry about anything...just get over as soon as you can and I'm sure over a coffee we will all put your mind at rest..  ( did I say Coffee at Phil's ? )

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 10:07 PM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Freddy
such sound advice! many thanks, I think you are right, being so far away from the property it is easy to get wound up about things.
The ballustrade and air con has not been paid for as such by us, but was offered by the builder following re-negotiations in respect of 
the delays (4 years!) from paying the deposit to the house being ready to complete!  Coffee sounds great! will hold you to that when we
come over!
best wishes
Norma

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts
MOSQUITO BLINDS AND INSECT SCREENS - 2 posts
SETTING UP MY AVATAR ON E.O.S.WEBSITE - 1 posts
WANTED - PORTABLE AIR CON UNIT - 0 posts
hello from new member - at the 'should i?, shouldn't i? stage' - 8 posts
Car hire at Malaga Airport- full tank/full tank! - 20 posts
Spanish Lessons for my 2 children - 1 posts
Excange my NEW 2 Bed Apartment at LOS LOCOS BEACH for a 3 Bed House - 0 posts
Long Term Rent Wanted - 3 Bed House with Separate Apartment - 0 posts
Portable Air Con Unit Wanted - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x