Cortes de Baza or Baza

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Luci&Col Star rating in Staffordshire. 29 posts Send private message

Luci&Col´s avatar
Anyone been?

We came back about 10 days ago and its certainly the place to go if you like the quiet life!! lol. 

What does everyone else think?

Like 0      
05 May 2009 10:00 AM by tony.c Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

The good thing about the Baza and Guadix areas is the vast variety of towns, scenery and things to see and do - and the locals are great. As you say Cortes de Baza is a great place if you want the quiet life with beautiful surroundings near the river and Lake Negratin but it does have the disadvantage of being on the edge of the area and a bit of a drive to the motorway and the larger supermarkets, hospital, secondary schools, cultural events, etc. in Baza and Guadix.

You can really be picky when looking in the general area because there are dozens of nice towns and villages spread out across the "Altiplano" or high plain of Granada from Huescar down to Baza and Guadix (lots of them near the motorway and the larger towns) and you can literally pick your surroundings whether you want greenery, mountains, forests, lakes, plains or desert. I've always particularly liked the area between Baza and Guadix between the Baza Park and Lake Negratin where you have views to the Sierra Nevada ski range around the towns of Gor, Bacor, Gorafe, etc. Also, the motorway connections to the area are great from the coast and surrounding capitals of Granada, Almeria, Murcia and Jaen. Probably the best information I've seen on the area and the biggest selection of properties I've seen has been at the estate agency Rusticom Andalucia in Baza www.rusticom.co.uk

I think you should take a good look around the entire area and you'll probably find a town or location you'll particullarly like.  Best of luck!

This message was last edited by tony.c on 05/05/2009.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 2:05 AM by jamesaliern Star rating in all over. 13 posts Send private message

Is this area nice? I'm planning to go to spain next month.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2009 8:04 PM by trog Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hola todas

I live in the area and personally would not live anywhere else. If you like wide open vistas, wild mountains, lakes ,wildlife with no crowds and open roads this is the spot for you. I run a walking holiday buisiness and don't have to advertise. Why? because my clients agree with me and come back for the aformentioned so that must say something.

Trog

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Photos of model Royal Dream - 1 posts
Two 3ft single divan beds for sale - 0 posts
Another Mayor in Jail - 1 posts
Abusive Contract Clauses - 1 posts
residental caravan parks - 0 posts
Should we /should'nt we - 18 posts
beano - 2 posts
Anyone recomend a car dealer Cosat Calida/Murcia/South Costs Blanca - 0 posts
contract changes pre completion - 4 posts
Hello.. to all... - 4 posts
meeson villa salada - 1 posts
WANTED: PROPERTY IN COSTA DEL SOL (MARBELLA, FUENGIROLA OR BENALMADENA) - 15 posts
Whats the problem? - 2 posts
looking good - 4 posts
Power of Attorney - 0 posts
Euro 2008 - 34 posts
TDT - 2 posts
mijas - 12 posts
ice cream business? - 5 posts
Update Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Please can someone give me directions to Lo Crispin??? - 2 posts
Court case re Palmera Properties, Grupo Mirador and associated developers - 6 posts
I NEED A MOBILE MOPED MECHANIC! - 0 posts
Can Anyone Recommend a Good Property Management Company for the Calahonda Area. - 4 posts
living in a caravan in spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x