La Condessa Mijas Golf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Hedges Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

Newcomers to the site, hugely frustrated by lack of any communication on this development and the 2 years that have past since the development should have completed. 

We know there is a separate forum for this particular development, but just in case others read this here also, we wondered whether others would be willing to get together and form a consortium to tackle this problem in an attempt to get our deposits back??

Please contact me if this is of interest.   Many thanks.

Michaela

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 2:56 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Hedges,

Here is 'smd', the developers' website adress:-

http://www.smd-spain.com/condesa-mijasworkprogress-fotos.php

smd have posted progress photographs on the site every week since they took over completion of the site in Jan.2007. Recently, and since the development is now practically finished and smd are awaiting the issue of the habitation license, the photo's have been updated fortnightly.

You can forward any queries to Lourdes of smd via an email address that I will shortly send you via the private message facility on this site.

A telephone number on the above mentioned website is live and you can contact Lourdes on that number.

You can also try contacting your lawyer for information,  they may help.

It should not be too long now before the license is issued as it was applied for in November 2007, but like most things in Spain it will take time. 

By the way, I see you have made only two posts to this site. Does that mean you have only just found it?

If so, you will find the site invaluable in tracking the developments' progress and also answering lots of your queries about owning property and living in Spain. Welcome.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 9:54 AM by Hedges Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra

Thanks for your message.

Yes have only just found this site.   Have tried e-mailing the developers but nothing happens.  Have also tried contacting Andalucian Homes who we bought from and no joy there either.  Its all very frustrating.   Really we want our deposit back as circumstances have changed since the 4 years ago that we bought it.   I only know of one lady who has done this.  Are you aware of others?

I assume you are looking forward to the site nearing completion and will happily purchase your property?   If we do buy ours, we will need to sell asap due to financial circumstances.

If you know anything that might help, please let me know!!   Many thanks Sandra.

Michaela

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 10:11 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Hedges,

Have you received information about your present situation. We are a advice bureau with membehsips. (Free advice is also given to non members) I am just a little tired of the problems many non Spanish home owners are facing. If only all the Real Esates would be honest in the first place. Spain has a way of dealing with unhappy clients, Sometimes they just dont respond hoping that you will get tired and go away. Sayng that this does not refer to all the promoters.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 3/22/2008.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 6:31 PM by Hedges Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Dear Myra

Thanks so much for your reply.   Any advice you can give us would be very welcome.

We are seeking legal advice also, but if there is anything you can think of that would help, please do let me know.  We have a bank guarantee and have waited 2 years past the date when completion of the site was due to finish. 

We have heard nothing from Andalucian Homes - despite chasing.    There is also no communication from the developers.

The site started with one set of developers and they were unable to complete the project, so this has passed to new developers.  Our contract and bank guarantee is with the original developer.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

Michaela

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 7:44 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Dear Hedges.

I have requested to be able to send you a private message. Developments have been known to go over their completion date. 2 years is a very long time. The problem that I see is that Andalucian Dream Homes ( If they were the Real Estate)  involved and the developer's are not answering you. The Promoters were Majestic who had financial problems.

The promotion run into trouble and was bought out from Majestic by SMD in 2006. They say with the intention of finishing the development and handing the properties over to the legal purchasers. I.e.: Yourselves. They promise to keep in touch with the buyers of this promotion.
Have you heard from them and have you tried to contact them? 

Administrator was or is Jose Luis Cortes y Garcia, of Sol Mijas Developers SL ( I am surprised that they are not a SA company.
 The telephone number I have for them is 0034 952 471 906 or mobile 0034 666 535 920As we are having an Easter break I have not been able to verify any of this information. I will do so next week.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 3/22/2008.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
30 Mar 2008 10:50 PM by mariagonzalez82 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Have you been able to find the necessary information? I work for Andalucian Dream Homes and can put you in contact with the right person. Who did you try to contact at ADH?

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 7:42 AM by Hedges Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

ADH said they couldnt help at all and knew nothing of the development since all they do is market the properties and take the deposits.  They referred us to the developer. 

Thanks for your reply though.

Kind regards

Michaela

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

crime in costa blanca - 10 posts
profile - 1 posts
Water Deposit? - 10 posts
baby car seats - 2 posts
my boyfriend and i want a new life - 5 posts
do spanish class ex pats as equals - 6 posts
Editing posts............. - 15 posts
Wanted Villa to Rent - 2 posts
Liquid restrictions - hand luggage - 25 posts
Kim & Tim - 3 posts
short term let - 1 posts
ready to complete but exchange rate so bad!! - 28 posts
Dona Julia El Patio Completion Date - 0 posts
Mr Micky - 2 posts
If you need an independent Spanish Lawyer go to Maria de Castro and her excellent team - 21 posts
Passing the buck on Consumer Rights? - 6 posts
Student111?????????? - 9 posts
European Health & Safety Regulations for Swimming Pools - 4 posts
Spanish Translator needed - can anyone help ??? - 1 posts
Secondary Water - 10 posts
Natasha - 1 posts
CAR RENTAL - 1 posts
Buying Tax Free - 1 posts
HELP..... Spanish Translator Needed - 7 posts
Site Visit to Manilva Beach 26th May 2007 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x