house insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

We r due to complete soon and have to get insurance and are not particularly fussed abt using agency insurers, so have a couple of q's Does the community fee tend to inc insurance If so wot does it cover Do u require building unsurance or just content Is anyone unsured with uk or spainish comapny if so can u recommend anyone Thanks in advance Saznaz

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 6:16 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We got quotes for building & contents from www.saltsbay.com

They were very reasonable & very quick to respond.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 6:21 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thank u for your help that was a v quick reply

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 6:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We used to insure with www.saltsbay.com but now with http://www.easycover.net/ both in Torrevieja & both use English people with contracts in English & English speakers in emergencies too. Easycover was cheaper.

More info in here ..Content and buildings insurance and in here .. Building and contents insurance and in here Insurers only Insure per Sq Mts not for value of Propety

Did you read these, Saznaz ?

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 8:10 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

saznaz,

Community insurance only insures Community property. You will need your own building AND content insurance. We have ours with BBVA bank and friends have thiers with Mapfre...........................you don't know how good any of them are until you need them.....................then it's too late to argue!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 8:20 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thanks v much everyone

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 8:31 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we are with the BBVA as well but as you say Karen you do not know how good they are till you have to use them??????   Hopefully never Pat 

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 11:57 AM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

We found Erinaceous had a reasonably priced policy that seems to cover holiday homes in Spain that are unoccupied quite a lot. The policy was issued in Spanish and English which was encouraging. But in a crisis? I hope we never have to find out... The premium is calculated on square foot built including terraces, so the flat roof that's got stairs to it seemed to add a bit compared to a flat roof with no stairs.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 2:55 PM by alarice Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Commercial post

Like 0      
21 May 2008 2:51 PM by sunshine1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We insured our holiday home in the UK with Hiscox through Underwood Insurance services and even paid from a UK bank account over 12 months interest  free. Reason premium, excelletn serivce however the biggest measure was when we  unfortunately had to claim.  The time from  completing the claim form to receiving the cheque was 19 days.  I did get a quote in Spain but felt it didn't offer the cover I required especially from a liability aspect, and was concerned if I had a claim I didn't speak sufficient Spanish

Like 0      
21 May 2008 4:00 PM by PBinspain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by PBinspain on 5/21/2008.

Like 0      
23 May 2008 1:23 PM by Schofields Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Sunshine1

You bring up some good points with regards to language issues in the event of a claim and liability.

It’s wise to get a copy of any policy documents in English, so you can read the small print and check that the insurer provides English speaking claims support to assist you if the worse happens.

With regards to liability, this is essential if you are letting and should extent to cover your guests (not just family) and use of swimming pools.

Its good to hear you got your claim resolved quickly.

Like 0      
23 May 2008 2:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
My 1st & 2nd question when I get quotes from companies in Spain are 

Is my policy in English ? (Amazing how many take insurance out & then say they haven't a clue what cover they've bought.

If I need to claim, am I going to be speaking with English speakers ?

Insurance is hard enough sometimes to understand in our own language !

Certainly where our property is in Spain we have a number of insurance companies doing both. I've had insurance with http://www.saltsbay.com/ then http://www.easycover.net/ (just to save a few euros though saltsbay were excellent on price & now we're with (for sheer convenience as very near to us at Quesada) http://www.knight-insurance.com/ who use the same company as saltsbay so very reasonable.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2008 4:37 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

i HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT GREENS INDEPENDENT TO RENEW MY INSURANCE . THE E-MAILS HAVE NOT BEEN DELIVERED.DO ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS?

VIVA CAPE TOWN
I  am in cape town South Africa

and Mijas

Like 0      
24 Jun 2008 4:48 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Where are they based?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
24 Jun 2008 6:27 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hello Karensun,

They were based at Viva head office onthe costa del sol

Like 0      
24 Jun 2008 6:41 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Thier stuff is still on the net.........................

Edif. Green Independent • Urb. Pinomar CN340 Km 189 • 29600 Marbella, Málaga (Spain)
Tel: (+34) 952 833 490 • Fax: (+34) 952 833 512 • Email: info@greenindependent.com

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted - Holiday rental for July - Aug 08 Sleep 6 to 8 - 2 posts
The Buzz of spain - 6 posts
Contract Ts & Cs - Cancellations - comments - 1 posts
Things for Kids to do in Denia? - 2 posts
Nationwide Flex a/c - 43 posts
Airports set to ease bags limit - 8 posts
Newquay to Alicante - Another option for those in the Southwest - 2 posts
Part Exchange - 0 posts
Has anyone received a communication from the builders or Masa re connecting gas? - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Contract - 2 posts
Selling property in england - 33 posts
car seat laws - 1 posts
Selling a business in Spain - 6 posts
santa anna jumilla - 1 posts
Before you know it - 1 posts
Search in off plan development area - 1 posts
Question about Al Andalus location - 12 posts
Anybody bought in Vegamar I residencial? - 3 posts
Rental in Los Alcazares - 1 posts
Looking for a rental - 0 posts
Drinking Water - 33 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
Are some "budget" airlines taking us for a ride? - 16 posts
Standard poodle puppies for sale - 1 posts
Hello All - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x