Telephone and Internet Installed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me is it possible to get a landline and internet installed without useing TELEFONICA. We have tried to get both installed since the middle of October (when we signed our contract) but have been repeatedly fobbed off by Telefonica who have said there are faults at central.(where is central ? )At the moment we have been told we will be connected NEXT WEEK but do not hold out any hope, our neighbours have landlines so why a fault on our connection????. Any advice or info would be appreciated.

coolyes

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 10:40 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Good luck with that, formentera costa.

Looking forward to meeting you & your OH on Friday. Have a safe trip, we leave this afternoon (if I ever switch the pc off).

Best wishes

More

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 11:43 AM by jamestegg Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi not sure whether this is any help.

I used telefonica in English, although I paid for the service they dealt with the whole thing for me, I just had to be in for the engineer when they called. (Although the first time they came they went to the wrong address!)

Basically they deal with telefonica on your behalf as sometimes the language barrier causes problems.

www.telefonicainenglish.com

I only have a landline not Internet but they do both.

Good luck.

JT

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 12:00 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Unfortunaltey at the moment telefonica is the ONLY landline provider. Other companies buy broadband from them and sell on at cheaper rates but you still need a landline!!!

The only way around it is to use mobile phone and wireless internet connections but they are apparently very slow

Just hang in there - you do need to keep hassling them!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 4:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Rixxy, we have broadband and landline but not with Telefonica. It's done via a mast signal  thingy.......................with a local company. All calls tp landlines in Europe are free and you pay line rental and broadband and a set up fee.The broadband is pretty quick too.......do you not get the same sort of thing in your area?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 5:27 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have heard of this and as long as you are in sight of the mast you are ok (I think!) but that is a private things and not that good for townies as you cant get the signal - so only option is telefonica!

When we moved I looked at ya.com spanish group and they seemed great - until reading the small print i noticed you had to subscribe to a landline anyway! so stayed with fonica as otherwise you are dealing with 2 spanish customer services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And life would NOT be worth living!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 5:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
i've just heard from formentera costa who are currently out in Spain till March that they've now got phone line in via satelitte plus internet connection BUT phone keeps going off !! She's using internet cafe at the moment.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 12:06 PM by kida Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

HI guys

I live out in the sticks and cant get a landline or obviously broadband.  A friend of a friend came round to demo  mobile internet to us.  We thought it would be naff as we had tried other stuff before....but it worked full speed!!  We dont have a contract so we can cancel at any time and its only 24.99 plus IVA.  We think this is great because if it didnt work we wouldnt have bought it, and with no contract we have no worries for the future if we have to move.  We take it all around Spain and have not yet found a place where it doesnt work.  We also got a great deal on our mobiles as well, and after searching on the internet for other tarriffs (now brain dead!) we are positive these are the cheapest, especially for calling the UK as it is cheaper than any others!  We also phone all our family (on the same mobiles) for free.    We have saved about 55€ a month by changing!  That cant be bad!!!  If any one is interested I would gladly pass on the contact details as the service was great as well as the prices!

XXXXKidaXXXXX

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 12:12 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

This sounds interesting as i am about to sign up with Telefonica ..... please pass on more details.

Thank you

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 1:08 PM by kida Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi TP1

When I get home I will post the number for you.  I will ask about your area too.

XXXXKidaXXXX

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 3:22 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi Kida,

Can you please post the name of the company/website so that I can go to their website? Hope their site will be in English.

Thanks.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 3:35 PM by kida Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi guys

Now I have been told I cant put an email address on here as I have not done enough postings yet.  I will give it a go....with a bit of a code!!!  Reply back with it and I can say yes!

First :  yesitspossible

second: @

third: hotmail.

Fourth:  com

I am sure I have the number somewhere but I cant find it!  Email them with what you want to know and they can give you all the info.

Good luck!

XXXXKidaXXXX

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

On the outside - 7 posts
CHEAP FLIGHTS - 4 posts
More like driving through Spain...and France....to UK - 17 posts
GET WELL SOON JUSTIN!!! - 8 posts
childs mini bike - 0 posts
Easyjet's latest !! Speedy Boarding Plus ! - 0 posts
Can anyone give advice? Mum's changed her mind!! - 5 posts
Not ANOTHER Trevor McDonald prog ?? YEP ! - 99 posts
Justin.. bucket's in trouble ! - 1 posts
Spanish need help! - 2 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental Required by Professional Couple - 0 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental required by Professional Couple - 3 posts
Mansion Club - looking for Long Term Rental / Professional Couple. - 0 posts
Month early - 2 posts
Using Foreign Exchange Companies when setting up abroad - 3 posts
Renting out property in Zeniamar Orihuela Costa - 1 posts
Multi trip holiday insurance - 21 posts
Some new features please? - 10 posts
Pueblo Canario Corralejo - 3 posts
Ikea - Alicante - 4 posts
Hand Luggage - 3 posts
swap your uk property with my costa del sol app - 0 posts
apartment - 2 posts
New Year Celebrations - 18 posts
Snag List / Insurance / tips on completion - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x