Ross Legal Services

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by gunnerfitzy Star rating in Cork, Ireland & Form.... 70 posts Send private message

gunnerfitzy´s avatar

Hi all,

I'm in  the process of selecting a solicitor for my spanish property purchase. Now I have already signed the builder's contract and although I did get an Irish solicitor to look over the contract and had changes made I do want a Spanish solicitor to finish the deal.

I have found a law firm, Ross Legal Services, who are based in Agualis, Murcia and are charging 1% which apparently includes the legal  aspects of the property , the contract clauses, the NIE application, local spanish bank mortgage conditions, Notary, check and translate the deeds , 1 years free of Ross Legal Insurance, fiscal representation.

Has anyone used this firm before or are in a position to comment on their service?

Regards

gunnerfitzy

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 8:26 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I dont know of them myself but a 1% lawyers fee (plus 16% IVA) is the norm for Spain. A great many lawyers here charge additionals for getting the NIE's and setting up utilities contracts so while he has mentioned the former it might be worth asking about the latter. I very much doubt it will include the Notary fees but he might mean attendance at the Notary - all the other stuff included is relatively standard so not much to comment on.

The only thing I would say is that it is usually better to use someone native to Spain. The name Ross sounds very British and while I am not for one minute suggesting anything wrong with them it might be worth checking how long they have been practising here. Also worth checking if they are members of The College of Lawyers (Law Society equivalent).

Ask them to confirm all of the Licences are in place and that the land is not rustic and is approved for urban development or is at least in a zone that will be confirmed approved by the Town Hall and Junta for urban development. Wouldnt be the first time a lawyer had neglected to check exactly what it is that he is conveyancing. Any questions you have that require answers ensure you get them in writing or at least retain e mails in case of dispute.

Rgds 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 11:03 PM by gunnerfitzy Star rating in Cork, Ireland & Form.... 70 posts Send private message

gunnerfitzy´s avatar

smilley, as always you are a fountain of knowledge! :-)

I will email them tomorrow and confirm the points you have raised, especially seeing as my agent is Palmera Properties I don't want to take any chances coming up to completion.

The lawyer's name is and details are below, it would appear that he is native and a member of the bar association

Gonzalo Ross

Abogado-Senior Lawyer

Abogado nº 804 Lorca Law Bar Association

If it includes setting up of utilites and all is in order then it does appear to be a good deal and will definatley call over for a meeting.

thanks again

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 10:49 PM by fred.r.price Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I am using Ross Legal Services, Gonzalo Ross it is a spaniard with vast experience in real estate law.

He is a bonafide registered lawyer in the Spanish Law Bar Association and it is highly recommended in most of the Forums around internet.

If you find a conveyancing service less than 1% take care.

Regards

F.Price

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Developer fees - 3 posts
Spanish Retreat Security, Reduce crime! - 0 posts
Security in the Costa Blanca area - 4 posts
Benahavis - 0 posts
Happy New Year to Justin & The Team & all the Forum Members! - 1 posts
Monte Selwo Up-date - 7 posts
Architects/Project managers/Builders - 4 posts
Contracts - 3 posts
Banks or Bandits - 6 posts
When you cant complet - 8 posts
MRI experiences please - 5 posts
Air Conditioning Best Buy - 3 posts
HiFX problems, delays transferring money - 56 posts
New messages on El Rincon Costa Blanca Development Forum - 0 posts
Have you visited Malaga yet? - 4 posts
spanish bank charges - 24 posts
Telefonica & Broadband - 7 posts
NEW LOW COST AIRLINE TO ALMERIA - 20 posts
Sorry another question - 0 posts
Pets in apartments - 5 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x