Import duty

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2021 4:06 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I am a non resident .. when I go over to Spain by car I often take bits a pieces over for the villa for personal use will I be expected to pay import duties on the goods I take to Spain...now that the UK is no longer in the EU.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 24/01/2021.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2021 8:32 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Entering into Spain

When entering the national territory, amounts of money, securities or values worth equal or more than 10,000 euros per person should be declared in customs.

The Agencia Tributaria (Tax Agency) establishes a limit of 430 euros for the total value of goods transported in personal baggage. For any values over this amount, passengers will no longer be exempt from paying import duties, VAT and special taxes. This limit is reduced to 150 euros for children under 15 years old.

Personal goods will be considered as those acquired occasionally, which are for the personal or family use of the travellers, or gifts that, due to their nature and quantity, cannot be assumed to be the subject of commercial activity.

Like 1      
26 Jan 2021 5:53 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

all I can add to this is information coming from some people shopping in Gibraltar to get their English fix.  The Spanish customs siezed most of the goods not because of the lack of duty paid, but because the goods contained either meat or dairy products.  Rather than take the risk of having your goods siezed, why not simply pop into one of the many shops that import UK goods on the costas.  Can't help if there are none in the area to which you are going to.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taxes on gift ? - 0 posts
Property Finders - worth the money? - 20 posts
What is going on now in general in Spain? - 4 posts
bank charge for money transfer - 45 posts
90 days - 6 posts
'New' tax on income from property. - 21 posts
toy poodle puppies - 2 posts
Volunteer work - 4 posts
CGT - 0 posts
WINTER RENTAL SPAIN - 6 posts
Early termination of long term lease - 4 posts
Non residents tax being rejected by bank - 3 posts
Utilities - 1 posts
GREAT NEWS - 0 posts
NEED TO CLOSE SANTANDER ACCOUNT FROM ABROAD - 1 posts
EHIC cards - 21 posts
Feliz navidad - 0 posts
Irish passport - 29 posts
Key holding licence in Spain - 3 posts
Gibraltar/La Linea Border - 1 posts
Residencia, tax returns and not in country 183 days - 6 posts
Organised Mortgage Fraud and Caixabank threatening legal action despite knowing this! - 10 posts
Query re latest Supreme Court ruling on IRPH mortgage clauses and the impact on know of ECJ rulings - 1 posts
Do homemade DVD's work in Spain? - 1 posts
advice needed on builder asking for 50% upfront fee prior to starting work - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x