Tax cost

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2020 10:09 PM by intier Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

I'm looking at selling and then buying another villa in a different area , what are the costs for selling will I have to pay capital gains tax , take all monies on to the next property like in the UK.

Tax

Like 0      
08 Sep 2020 11:09 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

When you agree a purchase price on a property ..add approximately 15% on top for legal fees and Taxes.

If you have a property to sell depending on what area you are in usually dictates the selling fee usually around 4% ... personally I would advise you to sell first and when you have the money in the bank ...then go and buy.. property at the moment is extremely difficult to find a buyer for.,.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 08/09/2020.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2020 11:29 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

We were considering moving last year. Taxes. agents fees, solicitors, notary, utiilies etc and the charges from a 180,000 property to a 225,000 property would have been almost 35,000 euro despite not being liable for CGT as we are residents and were transferring all the (non) profit to a new property. This is not counting the difference in price.

Of course, the iniquitous transfer tax on the new property at 10% would have accounted for 22,500 euro of that amount.

If we could have got a private buyer we'd have saved almost 8k on estate agent fees but the rest is money you won't get back. We decided to stay where we are and spent a small proportion of that on improvements.

You must transfer 100% of any profit to your new property to avoid paying CGT if you are a resident or be very old and have lived here for more than 3 years (like what we is).

Like 0      
13 Sep 2020 5:54 PM by arago Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Over 65 year old Spanish tax residents aren't liable for CGT on the sale of their main residence whether they buy another property or not.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2020 6:41 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Over 65 year old Spanish tax residents aren't liable for CGT on the sale of their main residence whether they buy another property or not.

Which is what I put on my last line except you omitted it must have been your main residence and have lived there a minimum of 3 years. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts
Spain's tough stance on Visa rules & Covid - 4 posts
Looking for a small house, finca, bungalow in the middle of nature. - 0 posts
Resident - 1 posts
Tie information - 8 posts
BBC iPlayer - 2 posts
Padron - 4 posts
Community President - 2 posts
Hot tub - Jacuzzi - 4 posts
Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts
Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts
What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights) - 4 posts
2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x