Plusvalia on Inherited Property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2018 3:20 PM by PhilMoraira Star rating in Moraira. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, my wife and I have lived in Moraira for about 20 years. My mother has lived in the Torrevieja area for around 40 years but recently died.

I have just (early 2018) inherited my mother's house in Torrevieja. The declared value is 90,000 Euros, and since she bought it in 1996 the value has naturally increased. The total value of the inheritance is under 100,000 Euros so there's no inheritance tax.

I now want to sell the house and the agent and my lawyer in Torrevieja have told me that I must pay the Plusvalia tax. But my lawyer in my home town of Moraira who handled the inheritance tells me that I should not pay it because the town halls and Suma are still finalising the issue in the courts of the payment of Plusvalia when the sale of a property is at a loss. This may also influence inherited property, and Suma may or may not seek the payment at a later date.

I am very confused what to do. A third lawyer has told me that I must pay, but my own lawyer is still adamant that I should not.

Does anyone have recent experience, knowledge or advice regarding payment of Plusvalia on property that you have just inherited?

This message was last edited by PhilMoraira on 28/07/2018.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2018 8:15 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

While waiting for the Government to  begin the processing of the reform of Law governing Plusvalia tax after the Constitutional Court in Spain failed against some of its provisions, the most advisable route for taxpayers who have sold in the last four years is to pay the tax and then claim.

They must submit a written request for rectification before the Local Council with the documents that prove the payment and the amount. If not rectified by the Local Council, an administrative process must start after which a contencious administrative before Courts can be opened.

Supreme  Court is Spain is to decide on 55 cases where there was a gain. This will have a clear and definitive impact on the result of these claims

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts
RATS - 1 posts
Bazza56 - 1 posts
model aircraft clubs - 0 posts
Buying Property - Protecting Myself (Ongoing Divorce) - 4 posts
help required with 3 main questions. thank you. - 1 posts
DOG FRIENDLY GUEST HOUSES - 3 posts
Northern Irish cast adrift once again - 17 posts
Ychristmas - 0 posts
New Tourism regulations for Holiday rentals in Valencia: Law 15/2018 - 6 posts
No tax if no gain when property selling: Supreme Court recent decission - 4 posts
Is airbnb permitted? - 2 posts
Denuncia - 6 posts
Recommendations for property manager - Quatretonda and surrounding areas - 10 posts
The very dark side of the Andalusian property buying p - 8 posts
Long term rental wanted - 1 posts
Inheritance tax - 24 posts
Rental Agents - 2 posts
where shall I go - 6 posts
Mulla old town housing - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x