Credit Card and Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2018 2:39 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Last week I hired a car from Record Rent a car at Alicante Airport. This was prebooked and prepaid by credit card. I did the usual and gave them my driving license, passport and credit card.

However the girl at the counter said that as my credit card only has an initial for my first mane not the full name that in future they would not be able to accept in the future as this was "against the law".

News to me this, is there a change in credit card laws in Spain? I didnt put the name on my card thats how it came from my provider. Wondered if any others had views on this? Suppose I may have to get an updated card?

Like 0      
19 Jun 2018 3:21 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I have recently had to book a car from the same company, the credit card I used has only my first initial and then my full surname, just looked at a couple more, one has full name, one has first, second initial then full surname, never had a problem, perhaps will soon though.

Have to say the guy on Record counter was great but, slow sorting it all out isn't the word, not to sure if I will use them again.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

personnel relationship agreement sabadell bank? - 1 posts
Long term rental - 4 posts
Translation - 4 posts
Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
Bankia/BMN - 42 posts
Legal intrest payment - 3 posts
travel cot - 1 posts
one way van - 4 posts
superb help from Maria L. de Castro at Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Work Permit for Egyptian Nationals in Canary Islands - 1 posts
BMN merger with Bankia issues - 20 posts
Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 5 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts
Advice needed - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x