Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2018 10:55 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hello, first time poster, been lurking for a while. Thanks for all the great info, particularly from Maria and ads etc.

Anyway, I've got a court case coming up soon and my solicitor has informed me that the Bank is trying to avoid returning my deposit as they're saying I'm an investor (which I'm not). I've been asked to declare that I'm not an investor to the court. I'm not the quickest thinker out there and I'm worried that the Bank is going to try and trick me into saying something i shouldn't. Has anyone any experience of this scenario and the dark arts associated with it!?

For example, if they ask me what would i use the apartment for, i will say for holidays for myself and friends and family - but will they then assume that i will be charging them rent or accommodation fees? I'm thinking i should just say that the apartment is for myself and my partner only. What do you think?

Thanks, Phil

Like 0      
04 Mar 2018 1:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Law 57/68 protects first and second residencies and of course you can have friends and relatives using it with no charge.

It is not being easy for Banks to succeed in that argument of investor character of the buyer, the burden of proof is against them.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      
05 Mar 2018 1:30 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Hi Fazelli

I can help you out here I will stay in the apartment rent free for the next few years and come to court pretending I am your ill brother who needs warm weather to heal

I will pay for the electric adding my name to account

I have done this before so dont worry

Its a WIN WIN situation

Just PM me 

Hugh xx

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EU Referendum - 17 posts
problems with filmon - 1 posts
12 months contract - 5 posts
Long term rental Benidorm - 2 posts
legal Interest rates - 27 posts
HEALTHCARE IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain! - 26 posts
Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts
Landlord refuses to fix hot water - says I can pay for it myself - 7 posts
Hello from a future apprentice in Spain - 1 posts
Saving account - 1 posts
Help! I need a landscape gardener - 0 posts
Landscape gardener required - 1 posts
Pontevedra - 1 posts
Community powers - 10 posts
Autism provision in Spain - 2 posts
The dreaded Selling my Car in Spain - 1 posts
Embargo/Sale of uninhabited property if owner owes high Community Fees... - 6 posts
Hello - 19 posts
Buying a car in spain - 11 posts
Right of neighbour over my land - 12 posts
Blood pressure monitor - 2 posts
Best way to transfer money out of Spain - 23 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - RESIDENCIAL PROPERTY - 2 posts
How strange - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x