classic car insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2017 5:46 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, A friend is putting his american mustang on spanish plate but is having difficulty finding a classic car insurance company. Most insist on him being a memeber of a spanish classic car club and also want a written valuation of the car.

My friend does not really want to go to this trouble so just wondered whether anyone has insured their classic car without all the red tape. thanks

Like 0      
07 Oct 2017 2:21 PM by Petition Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Try Allianz. A friend put a really old Jag with them no problem! I have them on my BMW and they are the best (a truck with a rear ramp reversed into me in a car park and drove off).

Like 0      
08 Oct 2017 6:22 PM by healthyannie Star rating in Teulada. 22 posts Send private message

healthyannie´s avatar

Hi

I have some experience with this. How old is his car? In general, you would need to be a member of a Spanish car club, and getting insurance can be difficult in Spain. It is sadly the reason I gave up on owning a classic car in Spain. I did not have time to be a member of a club, and also, I had to wait to join one. They wanted to "approve" the car, and it all got very messy. In the UK it is easy to get agreed value, but I am afraid that things are different in Spain. If you need to know more, please get in touch.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2017 6:03 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Guys thank you both for your help. I found an insurance company who were happy to insure the Mustang and didnt need club membership.nic

Like 0      
26 Oct 2017 12:10 PM by healthyannie Star rating in Teulada. 22 posts Send private message

healthyannie´s avatar

Hi Nick

meant to get back to you - may I ask you what company you used so that I can tell anybody who asks me.

Thanks

Annie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

European Court on multy-currency loans - 2 posts
Repurchase / repossession - advice needed - 149 posts
Inheritance Tax on Irish assets - 31 posts
HOW TO CHANGE ENGLISH NIE TO IRISH NIE? - 4 posts
Friends - 1 posts
Thermal imaging or something similar to find water leaking from ceiling. - 3 posts
Hello - 5 posts
Mis-sold Spanish mortgages - 5 posts
Mis-sold Mortgage claims in Spain - 0 posts
What is the Legality of doubling our community fees at the AGM. - 17 posts
A song from Barcelona metro - 0 posts
neighbouring land - 3 posts
Listing of Town - 2 posts
Warning: Lawyers are never appointed by Courts - 2 posts
Locked Spanish safe - 7 posts
Informe de Evaluation de Los Edificios IEE - 4 posts
Solutions for illegal properties: Judges say - 2 posts
Pair of Loungers for Sale €60 - 0 posts
Residencia - 2 posts
AIR CON meters - 0 posts
long term rental agents in Nerja - 4 posts
Rental in montanosa - 4 posts
Movistar/Telefonica - 9 posts
Mobile Home - 4 posts
English speaking gestor in Murcia or Fortuna - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x