Internet Access just for the Summer months

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2017 5:36 PM by MarbellaRentals Star rating in UK. 8 posts Send private message

MarbellaRentals´s avatar

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice on mobile internet routers, think you call them Mifi. I want to provide internet access to my renters but don't want to have to pay for a telephone line or a 12 month contract. Researching on the internet Mifi seems to be the answer. Apparently you use them with a sim card and it creates a personal hotspot. There are a few companies out there that rent the units to holidaymakers but that involves booking them in advance and getting them delivered, probably involving a trip to the post office which is always a nightmare. I would prefer to buy a unit and then the only thing that remains to be done is to top up the sim card. From what I've read it's best to get an unlocked router so that you can use any sim card. I'm in Marbella. Anyone got any experience of these?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2017 9:12 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I don't know why you are going to the bother of WiFi in your holiday rental ....last month all mobile phones are free to Rome all over the EU at no extra cost to the user...it is call feel at home ...and does not cost anymore than it costs you when you use the net on you phone in your home country ...you will also find free WiFi hot spots all over Spain especially tourist locations.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/07/2017.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2017 9:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Roam at home isn't a lot of use if you have a ip tv service installed, since  Sky was crippled. I have a 1GB allowance on my home service, wouldn't last long.

I am not in the OP's area but we have a wireless service (http://www.telplay.net) that can be increased and decreased at will. When the property is empty, we pay 15€ per month for a 3Mb service and then up it to 10MB when people are in.

Mark

Like 0      
05 Jul 2017 10:11 PM by MarbellaRentals Star rating in UK. 8 posts Send private message

MarbellaRentals´s avatar

Thanks for your replies.  I don't have IPTV, I have a satellite dish that picks up Freeview channels from Gib so don't need that.  I've always managed fine with free Wifi but clients seem to want Wifi in the house... I however don't want the bills! I currently have guests in who were devastated, yes devastated, when they discovered there was no wifi.  They are German, perhaps their roaming charges differ. Personally I think it's a good thing when you're on holiday... means everyone lifts their heads up away from their screens!  Anyway I have spent practically all day on the internet researching this and my brain is frazzled!  I've come up with this offer from Vodafone...

Vodafone Mobile Wifi R218-Z 4G unit for 50 euros along with a 4G Sim card 1.5GB valid for 3 months for 15 euros (won't let me post a link)

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has this or anything similar.  Does anyone know how you top them up / know when the data allowance is running low?  Many thanks

Like 0      
06 Jul 2017 9:16 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi,

I use wifi-blue.com. Based in Fuengirola. They put a wifi router in (no telephone line required) which is a one off charge and then you just pay when you want it turned on. I think its about €10 per week roughly and found them to be very good.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2017 12:43 PM by MarbellaRentals Star rating in UK. 8 posts Send private message

MarbellaRentals´s avatar

Thank you!  I will have a look at their site

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there the equivalent of a Crime Prevention Officer in Spain - 2 posts
New here, just about to complete in Benamargosa - 1 posts
Ingofersa developments in Garrucha from 2004 that were never built - 0 posts
American - Property near Tarragona, Catalonia - 4 posts
Road tax and insurance in spain - 6 posts
Recommendations for Cleaner in Duquesa Area - 2 posts
Bathroom fittings - 3 posts
4-6 week Malaga Summer rental of a BMW or similar - 2 posts
Basura - 17 posts
Rapido Claims - 1 posts
New property IBI Bill etc - 1 posts
210 form and IBI payments - 11 posts
JIMBOK - 0 posts
IKEA Malaga - anyone buying want a bargain? - 12 posts
Health insurance - 5 posts
First post. Old question. - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyer - 3 posts
Is this a scam? - 4 posts
electric bill - 1 posts
Mobile phone/calls to uk - 2 posts
a/c car engineer wanted - 0 posts
Britney ferries - 3 posts
Schooling after Brexit - 4 posts
Air conditioning companies calahonda and surrounding areas - 6 posts
Should i put the wife on the deeds - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x