SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

I have contacted eyeonspain on two occassions about a possible fraud, they have not contacted me or removed the property listing, i am very dissapointed, i have no other way to bring my concerns to their attention other than making it public.  Below is the email that i sent on two seperate occassions
This is the second time i have emailed you about this problem with no response from you!!Someone is selling there apartment on your website and the pictures are of our apartment which is not for sale.  I request that you remove this listing.  You will see that the pictures for property number SP148 have been copied from our our  rental listing on Eye On Spain advert RP121.  Please let me know ASAP of your findings.  At worst someone is selling our apartment on your website without us knowing.

Regards

Andrew Lyburn

Like 0      
14 Sep 2007 6:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Andrew

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.  We receive well over 100 emails every day so we cannot respond to them immediately.  In fact, we normally take up to 4 weeks to get back to everyone as we make sure we do reply to every email that we get.

I will take a look through the emails to look into your concern and get back to you very shortly.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 6:26 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Just to let everyone know, eye on spain have not contacted me to let me know as they said they would, i think this is a seriouse matter which they have not taken any action over or provided me with an explination as to what is going on, very dissapointed.  All i can say is be very wary about advertising on this site, people use your pictures to sell yours or their own apartment, and eye on spain could not care less as long as they get their selling fee, there is no way of contacting them, and they do not answer emails. 

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 6:51 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Andrew

It must be awful to see pictures of your apartment advertised on someone else's ad.  But rest assured - I would like to believe!! - they are not selling your apartment without your permission.  They have, it would appear, copied your pictures to use to sell/promote their own apartment.

If you look at many agents' sites, they use the same pictures for various different properties they have for sale.  Developers touch up pictures to make them look appealing (the developers of our apartment complex used a picture of the show apartment, with a fantastic sea view from the terrace, which just does not exist, on their website!).

Your pictures should be removed if they are used without permission, but it's most likely just some unimaginative people/agents using them.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 7:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi

We have contacted the seller twice but have not had a response as yet.  We therefore took the decision the other day to remove the photos.  They haven't been there for a few days.

You may be seeing a cached version of the page on your browser.  If you press "F5" on the page you will see that the photos are no longer there.

It is very common for people to just take photos from other sites (we have people stealing photos from our development forums all the time) even though it is a total copyright infringement.

I will await the response from the seller but I am sure they stole your photos and are not trying to sell you apartment.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 8:14 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

I would just like to say that eyeonspain have now removed the advert, however eye on spain also said that it had been removed 4 days ago, this is not true, i viewed the property listing in question just before i posted my last update.  Thanks for eventually sorting out this problem, hope it does not re-appear 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new member - 3 posts
Insurance for property - 0 posts
Could someone help us with where to start looking please. - 14 posts
Hola.... again! - 6 posts
Are you thinking of coming over on an INSPECTION/FLYBY/ Tour? - 3 posts
cockroaches - 27 posts
Hi - 1 posts
The School in San Cayetano - 19 posts
your views on our uk tv quote...? - 16 posts
Wanted Short tem let near Mar Menor Murcia - 4 posts
Sim de-activation - 2 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 5 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 2 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 0 posts
OASIS HOTELS CORRALEJO FUERTEVENTURA - 1 posts
Writer and her well-behaved dog looking for winter rental in Marbella - 0 posts
UK Paramedic - 3 posts
Sunday Maket in General Torrevieja Area? - 3 posts
Sunday Market in General Torrevieja Area - 0 posts
Patsim - 0 posts
ohhhhh fed up - 12 posts
New Business - 1 posts
Alhaurin golf Costa del sol - 1 posts
Mobile Phone Scam - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x