gypsy flower sellers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2016 8:41 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, My wife and I visit la Cala daily and witness these flower sellers intimidating tourist and often robbing them. So many people complain about them but nothing is being done to get rid of them. They appear every afternoon at about 2.30.

Complaint has been made to the town hall and for a few days following the complaint police officers were visible but this was short lived.

It seems that every afternoon at about 2.30pm the police disappear; no doubt to their  favourite watering holes or for a siesta.

I wonder whether positive action might be taken if a complaint was made to police headquarters. Is there someone on this forum who has knowledge of the police structure and perhaps the best dept to whom complaint could be made. thanks...p.s I am not looking to set up a flower stall in La Cala!!!!!!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2016 8:52 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

nicbax,

Can you please expand on 'often robbing them' ? 

This message was last edited by Destry on 25/10/2016.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2016 9:43 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Very common, many places, many cities using the distraction tactic for pick pocketing, for example common in Rome and on The Ramblas in Barcelona

Not sure about La Cala but makes sense if they are on;y there for a limited time

Like 0      
26 Oct 2016 12:25 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

I suppose that a couple of Brits promenading beach front in La Cala are a top mark for thieves, however why carry cash, cards, phone etc in an open bag? All my wife carries is a bag containing her makeup and her electric cigarette, I have one of those neck wallets that hangs around my neck inside my shirt, it normally contains circa 50€ and a cheap PAYG phone, everything else is back in the safe. And guys, you are not used to carrying handbags, so why leave one fully loaded with cash, cards, phone and docs on a beach front bar/cafe table? 

This message was last edited by Destry on 26/10/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

weekly newsletter - 1 posts
bankia - 0 posts
Self move using a hire van - 4 posts
no win no fee lawyers - 3 posts
Landlord responsibilities - 15 posts
Lawyers liability due to lack of guarantee - 7 posts
Velez Malaga Torrox and Nerja helpful info... - 0 posts
any info re costs involved with moving to spain - 14 posts
Solicitor recommendation - 14 posts
HOW CAN I PAY ENDESA - 8 posts
Do you need business or trade finance? - 0 posts
Torrox Costa/Nerja and surrounding areas - 0 posts
Dual Nationality by Origin - 3 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 0 posts
ITV - 18 posts
Modelo 210 again - Murcia - 9 posts
Warning: Actions against Banks: not that easy - 16 posts
Warning: Actions against Banks: not that easy - 0 posts
home intercom - 0 posts
Insects in bathroom - 8 posts
tv repairs - 4 posts
Can I sue a Spanish lawyer in England if they have been neglectful? - 0 posts
Plus valia tax - 1 posts
can't use the UK work van please advise... - 8 posts
Genuine Business Opportunity - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x