Kitchen Install Problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2016 9:28 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

I got an expensive hi gloss kitchen installed about 4 and a half years ago. Unfortunately the panels have all started to chip and split, (not through hard use). 

The installer came to inspect and said it was a problem with this type of unit and that manufacturer has gone bust. 

All they could do to help was offer free labour if we bought all the unit fronts and doors to replace the faulty ones.

This seems a little unfair as they originally installed the units and agree that they are faulty.

They say "The manufacturer of your kitchen went into liquidation some years ago 
and replacement materials are no longer available.

There is no legal liability on their part.

Having said all of the above, I would like to think that we can work 
together to find an amicable solution.

All of the coloured material i.e. doors, drawer fronts, side panels, 
will need to be replaced at your cost, labour would be free"

Feel a bit cheated in that an expensive kitched only lasted 4 years

Is this normal practice in Spain? Can anyone offer some good advice??? 

body p

Like 0      
09 May 2016 11:12 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

It's normal practice in the UK that when a company goes bust you you are on your own it is not the fault of the installer in fact the installer are being extremely good offering to fit the new doors for nothing in the UK you would have to pay for the new door and the labour.

Like 0      
09 May 2016 12:43 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Let's see how much he wants to charge you for the new doors etc, the so called free labour,could be built into the price,might be cheaper to go else where and start again,And has the manufacture really gone bust ?

Like 0      
09 May 2016 2:38 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks Windtalker and Neworld.

Not sure what they wanna charge for the replacement doors but suspect it wont be cheap. I am awaiting the "quote" for that. Not sure how to check if the manufacturer has gone bust as I dont believe I have any paperwork with their details on it. Bit of a painful lesson learned here. What happened to paying for quality? Maybe that never really existed?

Like 0      
09 May 2016 4:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

To buy fitted kitchen units, doors, worktops etc. in Spain is quite cheap, 

If you Google “maderas”  for the area where you are you should  be able to find suppliers who supply wholesale and retail. The units are standard sizes.  The doors come in standard widths and lengths which the supplier will cut to size, edge and fit hinges.

If you are reasonable practical you should be able to fit the doors yourself with just a Philips screwdriver,  I say that from experience.

If you cannot DIY then get your fitter to take you to the suppliers so you can choose what you want and also see the prices. That way you will know if, or what he is charging you 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 09/05/2016.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 51 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 8 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts
Communion and confirmations - 0 posts
CCTV IN A Community - 30 posts
New to the board - Yorkshire family looking to re locate - 1 posts
Life and work in spain - 4 posts
Used 2015 Lexus LX 570 4WD - 0 posts
Childs seats help - 1 posts
Do You Spain - too good to be true? - 12 posts
Almunecar rastro - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x