private hire drivers in marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2016 11:52 AM by johick71 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Im taking my parents aged 80+ on holiday in marbella. I dont drive and so want to hire a driver I can call when we need to go out for the day/evening. Our rental property is not near a taxi rank. Ideally would need to specify a minivan as mum struggles to get out of saloon cars. Any ideas please? Thanks!

Like 0      
04 Apr 2016 2:05 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

No such thing as private hire taxi in Spain you will have to pay through the nose for a taxi.

Like 1      
04 Apr 2016 2:39 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

www.andalucia/marbella/taxi-marbella.htm

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 2      
04 Apr 2016 7:48 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"No such thing as private hire taxi in Spain you will have to pay through the nose for a taxi."

Of course there are private hires, although most of them bill themselves as airport transfer companies. Either way, you WILL pay through the nose. Public taxis (you can phone them and pre-book, & request vehicle type) will almost certainly be cheaper than private hire though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
04 Apr 2016 10:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The so called private hires are usually illegal taxi doing airport runs to earn a few Euro's with know hire and reward taxi insurance you do not get private hire taxis the same as the you UK the Spanish taxi system have been ordered by the EU to deregulate and allow competitors like private hire the taxi service and refused.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 04/04/2016.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2016 11:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

There are plenty of legal, fully insured and licenced private taxis, mostly Merc vans & exec saloons etc., they have the "SP" badge on them, which OK, stands for "servicio público", but these are distinct from the white taxis that use the ranks. They are pre-booked, which sounds like private hire to me. Like I said, they mostly advertise as airport transfers, but they'll take you to-from anywhere you want. However, they are unlikely to be particularly interested in running the OP & his parents around Marbella to restaurants unless they're willing ot pay for a VIP service. Hence my suggestion that he just uses local public taxis.

The "so called" private hire that you mention are run by people like Our Tony down the pub, and naturally should be avoided. If they don't have the "SP" badge on them, they're illegal and uninsured.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Vehicle and Driving License check on-line, as used by Spanish Police - 9 posts
Mojon Hills, Isla Plana-Looking for tutors for high school English and Math - 0 posts
Spanish legal fees - taken all of our Interest on deposit - 42 posts
flight insurance - 25 posts
Argentinian Butcher - 1 posts
Cleaning - 7 posts
I need good quality legal advice - 4 posts
Route Stop-over - 0 posts
CREMATION COSTS - 15 posts
Mobile roadside speed detection. - 7 posts
WANTED TO RENT UNFURNISHED VILLA/CORTIJO - 0 posts
Pool builder wanted in Murcia - 2 posts
Free healthcare in Spain? - 7 posts
Pregnant- worried about food hygiene in Seville- advice plz - 9 posts
Leak in apartment - 26 posts
Olvera - 1 posts
Employment Advice - 5 posts
RECORD GO car hire, Alicante Airport - 30 posts
Where to buy electrical goods ..... - 4 posts
Transfers to Spain - 0 posts
Congratulations to Costaluz Lawyers - 12 posts
Spanish Hairdreser - 0 posts
Fuster & Associates Recommendation - 1 posts
Camposol - 5 posts
New UK Pensions - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x