flight charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2015 12:13 PM by stevie G Star rating in Conwy, North Wales &.... 21 posts Send private message

why are flights so dear at the moment, we have a apt near torrevieja and can fly to either murcia or alicante from manchester or liverpool. we were looking at flights late september 2015 to march 2016  but all very expensive  so in the end booked all inclusive almeria for more or less the same price as just the flights . whats the reason they are so expensive at the moment...... stevie g

body p

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 12:42 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Only a guess, but could it be that there are less flights and the operators have no problem in getting bums on seats at the higher cost? 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 1:05 PM by stevie G Star rating in Conwy, North Wales &.... 21 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for your reply but it doesn't make sense we normally look on skyscanner comparitive website but if you look after march they are back to normality ? 

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 1:58 PM by villasalud Star rating in Warwickshire. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

I booked a flight with Easyjet for Feb 2016 from Luton to Faro and paid a very good price £68 return. March will be expensive because Easter falls then. Always book early as that time of year less flights and a popular time for golfers so seat go quickly hence the price goes up

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 5:00 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

To he honest flight prices don't take precedence with us, if we fly out on a Saturday morning and return on a Saturday afternoon, our son takes and collects us airport wise, thus saving us parking costs.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 7:31 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What do you call expensive myself and my wife fly out and back to Alicante every six weeks throughout the year we always book well in advance atleast three months if you leave it any later you will pay through the nose.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 8:03 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

We pay circa £280 return for the two of us return, between East Midlands and Malaga in Spring and Autumn, we fly out on Saturday morning and return on Saturday lunch time, is that good or bad? 

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 8:46 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

280eu ie about the price we pay for two people with Vueling airline flying from Cardiff to Alicante return we never fly to Murcia it is always 100eu more l suppose the best way to get a good deal is to book well in advance.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2015 12:46 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I normally book in September for the following August.  Last year I paid about £500 from Bournemouth to Murcia the year before it was about £600 from Cardiff to Alicante.  This was for 4 people both ways.  This year looking at both these sites (Vueling & Ryanair) the costs are between £1050 and £1200.  That is about 100% increase even when you are booking early.  Looking at flying from Stanstead or Gatwick (Ryanair) still doesn't appear to bring the prices down.  At the moment I am waiting to see if Easyjet are cheaper when they release their flights.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2015 5:43 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

£329.00 return for the two of us from East Midlands to Malaga in April so a bit dearer than this year, they also offer transfers for £60.00, which suits us as we don't require a car. We fly out at 09:15 and return at 12:05, both on Saturdays, that suits us as we get ferried to and from East Midlands by our son, which saves us circa £100.00 in parking charges. 

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 09/10/2015.

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 09/10/2015.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2015 7:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm going out in December for £59 return. 2 of us have just come back and the flights were £140 return all in for both of us. Skyscanner will always cost you more than going direct. 

That said, i'm not worried about using the budget airlines, they are just a glorified taxi after all.

Like 1      
09 Oct 2015 8:12 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Well the flghts are exactly the same price with scanner and jet2.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British nationals buy one in eight properties in Spain. - 0 posts
Notary costs in Spain - 2 posts
NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts
Buy upholstery foam iin south of spain Malaga - 2 posts
Limiting who can be in position of President - 18 posts
Unbelievable meeting - 10 posts
How dose this work. CAR REG - 4 posts
"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Bank Charges - Banco Popular? - 4 posts
No longer need to learn Spanish! - 1 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 3 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 1 posts
property for sale - 0 posts
New Years Eve in Estepona / Sabinillas - 0 posts
Information Required - 9 posts
NEW!!! - GREAT NEWS!!!! - SUPREME COURT CONFIRMS BANK LIABILITY FOR DEPOSITS UNDER LAW 57/1968 - 61 posts
Coin Meters/electricity charges - 4 posts
Rental Management - TV and Broadband - 3 posts
Bank punished again! Banco Popular in Arcos de la Frontera´Vistas del Lago : Miraflores Development - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x