Is this a good deal - 20 years fixed @ 2.6%

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2015 8:31 AM by adiep Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

What do people think, I can have 20 years fixed at 2.6% or 25yrs at 2.6% FIXED

No setup fee and can pay off up to 20% a year without any fee.

Seem ok?

Like 0      
02 May 2015 10:15 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

It depends how you think interest rates generally across the Eurozone will fare over that time period. Remember 2.6% is over the odds now so you are paying up front for jam tomorrow when they will inevitably rise. However given the state of the world economy that could be some time. Even then interest rates (Euribor) of around 2.6% -3% will likely be the norm. So the deal you have been offered is OK but lock yourself into it and there is no room for movement in the future.

Like 0      
02 May 2015 6:54 PM by adiep Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

The best of the best deals right now only gives 1.25% above Euribor, which works out to be about 1.5% - however to get that rate (variable) you need to take the banks home insurance, pension pan and life assurance - which is a fortune.

If someone was offering 0.25% above Euribor variable that would be a nice deal, but when the best variable rate is only 1% below a 20 year fixed, seemed like a no-brainer. 

I looked that the historical average of Euribor, its currently at about 3%, so 1.25% above that - 4.25% would be the average over the 20 years I reckon if the past is like the future... 

At 2.6% im hoping inflation eats into that if they get inflation back up to 1.5 - 2%, in which case I should be onto a winner..

Like 0      
19 May 2015 5:54 PM by jhassman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

It seems like a good deal and doesn't expose you to future interest rate increases. What bank is offering that? I am also looking for a mortgage.

Like 0      
19 May 2015 7:03 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Well that's belt and braces plus a length of string, just incase the other two fail, I would go for it, how much lower could interest rates go in the next 20 years? 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
19 May 2015 11:35 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Scottish couple and dog travelling from santander to sax looking for b and b - 0 posts
Whats on in COSTA CALIDA CHRONICAL. CAMPOSOL ?? - 0 posts
Bank account closures - 4 posts
Buying property cash - 14 posts
Rattan Furniture - 6 posts
Power of attorny liability? - 5 posts
Cancelling ono contract - 5 posts
Miss Lizzy - 4 posts
Getting rid of Europa TV at last! - 6 posts
What do I need to open a bank account in Spain? - 5 posts
looking for bed and breakfast around madrid area - 1 posts
electric bike - 3 posts
I welcome My Self :) - 0 posts
F1 trip to barcelona on coach from vivilia travel - 0 posts
Can we trust testimonials on rental sites? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Account Updates - 1 posts
Another question - sorry! - 6 posts
Opening a Spanish bank account, etc - 2 posts
Is FOL obligatory for sales to buyers in Valencia Region? - 2 posts
English speaking accountant in Andalucia - 4 posts
MJV Airport - 2 posts
window grilles - 1 posts
Declaration of Economic Activity - 25 posts
swimming pool parties - 5 posts
Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x