Increased water prices Hidralia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Nov 2014 10:25 AM by TonyEng Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have estimated that my charge per unit on average on my biggish villa has gone up from 1.6 euros per unit  cents to 3 euors per unit. It maybe because the rate one pays increase with each band, but it still seems high to me. Anyone else notice this? My last bill for 2 months was 900 euros, but most of the time there were 10 people in the villa.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2014 10:47 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

900 euro? Do you possibly have a leak somewhere or have you had to fill your swimming pool up a couple of times?

OK, we don't have a big villa but we do have a 3 bedroom house (no pool) and our 3 monthly bill comes to no more than 70 euro a time even when there were 6 of us here.450 euro a month seems staggering.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2014 11:13 AM by TonyEng Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for your repsonse.There is no leak, we have checked. the rate when nobody is on it is only around 100 euros per 2 to 3 months. Its the summer with watering and with 10 gusest maybe taking 2 showrs or baths a day that makes the usage high I suspect. PLUS the fact that Hidralia have somehow increased their rates from when it was Aquagest. I will take it up with the watchdog/Ombudsman if I knew one existed.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2014 12:32 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I have two parts to my bill which actually relates to water usage (and loads for rubbish, tax, meter hire, service charge etc.).

From 5 years ago with Aquagest water was 80 cents per cubic metre and sewarage was 15 cents per cubic metre. 

Now, with Hidraqua, it is 87 cents for water and still 15 cents for sewerage so no real rises there.

Standing charge with Aquagest was 15.42 for water and 3.75 for sewerage so just under 20 euro.

Standing charge with Hidraqua is 16.80 for water and the same 3.75 for sewarage so just over 20 euro. 

As I have not used over 21 cubic metres to go on the higher rate I can't comment on that.

So, no, no increases to write home about after 5 years and a change of provider name.

And we have our watering system going quite regularly as well.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2014 3:39 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I've heard of near neighbours topping up their pools from the outside taps of their so called friends when they know them to be away, they had left the water turned on so that their neighbours would favour them by topping up their pools as and when required.

I fear that many none Spanish residents are oblivious to the fact that they are residing in country with a broken economy, it is too large to be bailed out by the EU, Greece, Portugal and Ireland are small and cheap to rescue, Spain must put the screws on those who can afford to pay, tax Model 20 comes to mind. We could afford to bring a circa £50K p/a joint retirement income to Spain, which would make us prime contenders to be targeted.

The average Spaniard is earning next to bugger all, unemployment stands at circa 25%, put yourselves in their position. 

This message was last edited by crookesey on 16/11/2014.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
17 Nov 2023 5:44 AM by heidenmaverick Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Thank you for getting back to me.Our investigation has revealed that no leak has occurred. Every two to three months, when it's not in use, the fee lowers to about 100 euros. The high demand is probably caused by the summer watering and the fact that there are 10 guests per day, some of whom may take two baths or showers. ADDITIONALLY, Hidralia has increased their prices since it was Aquagest. I will communicate with any Ombudsman or watchdog that I come across. mini crossword

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

skip hire close to los alcazares - 1 posts
Advice on residency requirements before applying. - 2 posts
Firewood - 0 posts
Damp and Condensation- air bricks and damp proof course - 6 posts
Hi We are UK Family Mark & Kazz & kids - 4 posts
Questions about moving to Gibraltar - 4 posts
Jose Chillon / Fuenlegal - 0 posts
Spanish solicitor - 3 posts
Moving To Fuente Alamo area/region...advice sought - 2 posts
Wishing you the Best Christmas Ever! - 0 posts
Reliable lawyer needed - 22 posts
Flue problems - 3 posts
Stay safe - 22 posts
golf holidays in Spain - 10 posts
Sharing - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in the Murcia region - 7 posts
The cost of Electricity in Spain is really very expensive....... - 27 posts
Liabilities of the developer /promotor - 2 posts
Remembrance Day, Mil Palmeras - 0 posts
Gardening help and tips - 4 posts
blocking ads on filmon - 4 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES - 16 posts
Dodgy financial schemes - 22 posts
How can I delete my account? - 7 posts
Social club in the Alicante area at El Campello - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x