introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2014 10:55 AM by stevecarne Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi all,I have just left the Army after 26 years service and   i will be moving to spain next month to Cehigin just noth of Murcia, as much info as possible

Like 0      
12 Oct 2014 12:33 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar

try "murciatoday.com"  - loads of info re Murcia.  

Sandra

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
12 Oct 2014 4:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Murcia Today is handy for what's on and news, but steve needs much more indepth info than this. Really he needed to find out about these issues a long time before moving to Spain, as they could influence his decision to move here, and Murcia in particular.

For living in Spain generally there are lots of info sites, Anglo info, UK in Spain etc.

Just google  for example, Living in Murcia, and tons will come up

Research carefully:

Healthcare- after 1 year of private care you can pay into the health system, for 60 euros per month, and get the same care as anyone on the a Spanish NHS

You need to look at tax, tax free in UK? Not in Spain

After  90 days you are resident, 183 days you are tax resident, not a choice, but a legal obligation. Your army pension will be taxed in UK, but from next year you will also declare it in Spain, not for income tax but it is taken into account when working out your tax base.

All income except Govnt pensions, from anywhere in the world are taxed in Spain. So are lump sums, inheritances, savings interest, including Isas , lottery , premium bond winnings, inheritances.Anything tax free in UK is not in Spain

In Murcia, unfortunately the generous regional inheritance tax allowances were abolished last year, leaving only a tiny state allowance, so think carefully before moving to Murcia.In Spain, a spouse pays inheritance tax on the deceased spouses assets, could come to thousands.

You may know of the assets declaration, where if you have assets of more than 50 k euros in any of the categories of savings, investments and property, you have to declare them in minute detail, names, amounts, account numbers etc.

Very intrusive. It is for everyone in Spain, not just Murcia.

Many aspects of living in Spain are very different to living in the UK , and it is not the cheap place it was.

I hope stevecarne doesn't burn his boats when moving here, and keeps a " bolt hole" in the UK.

This message was last edited by camposol on 12/10/2014.

Like 3      
14 Oct 2014 6:15 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

stevecarne

Would be interesting to have some sort of reaction, since you asked for advice on this forum!

Like 0      
14 Oct 2014 6:37 PM by stevecarne Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Sorry I been busy

I am really looking forward to moving over, Healthcare not a problem as i will be in reciept of a S1 from uk, Tax well my pension is uk so goes in uk , yes its not as cheap over there as it used to be but thats why we are renting for the first year

Like 0      
14 Oct 2014 6:47 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I thought the S1 for early retirees ceased in July this year?

What do you think of  tax in Spain and the inheritance tax situation in particular?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2014 6:56 PM by stevecarne Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

A bit Personal but i get validity pension from army and a war pension hense S1

Inheritance tax is not an issue for me to be honest

Like 2      
14 Oct 2014 7:01 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Wasn't meaning to be personal, just wanted to know your views on the different tax situation in Spain in general!

Like 1      
15 Oct 2014 8:17 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I am not sure an army or war pension meets S1 requirements from below (might be wrong)

"If you are in receipt of a UK old age state pension or long term sickness benefit"

Here are some links

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/movingabroad/Pages/residual-S1-forms-for-early-retirees.aspx

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-in-spain

Extract from above

If you are registered to work in Spain and make national insurance contributions then you can get state-run health care on the same basis as a Spanish national. For further information, get in touch with your local TGSS office.

If you registered as a resident in Spain before 24 April 2012, have an annual income of less than €100,000 and are not covered for healthcare though any other means, speak to your local INSS office to register for healthcare in Spain as a resident.

If you are in receipt of a UK old age state pension or long term sickness benefit, obtain an S1 form (previously E121) from the International Pension Centre on +44 191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1 form with your local INSS office, before you register with your local GP surgery and obtain a medical card.

As from the 1st July 2014, early retirees are no longer able to apply for a residual S1 form based on national insurance contributions. The NHS Choices website has more information about this change.

If you are a worker seconded to Spain, or the family member of a someone making UK national insurance contributions, contact HMRC to see if you have entitlement to an S1 form (previously an E106 or E109). Once issued, register the S1 form with your local INSS office, before you register with your local GP surgery.

If you are coming to study or are currently studying in Spain as part of a UK-recognised course, you may be entitled to healthcare paid for by the UK.

In Spain access to healthcare by children and pregnant women is protected by law. Please see the social worker at your local health centre for more details.

Good luck and hope all goes well as Spain is a great place to live

Like 2      
15 Oct 2014 8:18 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Steve, you have just made the first two correct decisions – one by moving to Spain and the second by renting instead of buying. Murcia is a great place to live and has a lot more to offer than most other popular areas. The Spanish property market is in a complete mess and will take a long time to stabilize despite the rose coloured views of the market espoused by those who make a living from the industry. So avoid the minefield until you learn the true position and forget the Brit ‘must own’ mentality until you are sure you have the right property, no matter how long it takes.

My advice is get here, obtain your NIE and Padron  - then just enjoy yourself and take it as it comes. Spain has many upsides and being in the right area and environment that suits your lifestyle will make it a pleasure being here, so take your time and find your own utopia before you buy.

You will soon find the rules that affect you and those that don’t and how to deal with them – so don’t let all the negative information concerning tax etc concern you too much, I know people who have lived here for years under the radar and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Good luck.

Like 1      
15 Oct 2014 11:37 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Yes, of course there are people living here under the radar and enjoying every minute of it, at the expense of those who don't!

Like 1      
15 Oct 2014 12:18 PM by stevecarne Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

well i  am no way unde any Radar  i pay my way 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

shipping wine back to Sydney - 6 posts
running a business from your home. - 4 posts
English Car Wanted - 1 posts
You have got laugh - 0 posts
Community Maintenance - 3 posts
Tax relief for property repairs - 1 posts
Leeds Bradford To Murcia No Flights !! - 6 posts
new rules for community pools - 6 posts
Hi, new to this, after some advice!!! Any help much appreciated! - 24 posts
Transparency Period - 2 posts
Dash Cams - 1 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 2 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 0 posts
heating - 14 posts
Catalonia Indepence Referendum - 9 posts
BARKING DOGS - 5 posts
Accident in hired car - 18 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 3 posts
Airports - Theme Parks - Now Motorways. - 5 posts
At the point of giving up. - 3 posts
GP IN LOS ALCAZARES? - 5 posts
login problem - 1 posts
Interesting discussions on Law 57/68 - 1 posts
Noisy neighbours - 3 posts
Best beach in murcia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x