Sky in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2014 9:51 AM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I have a Sky freesat viewing card in Spain but get frustrated by not having the on demand service and not being able to copy. My pal in England has suggested a solution as he has a Sky package in the UK. He suggested that he signs up for multiroom and I use the multiroom card in Spain. I know that I would have to match the card to my box and that I would have to phone Sky on my UK mobile so that they were not aware I was in Spain.

I saw the following advice (see below) on the web which suggests that there would be problems with this approach which surprised me as so many people on this forum have reported that they have used Sky in Spain without any problems. I would be grateful for any advice and suggestion on using Sky in Spain.

Thank you
PaddyW

The Sky TV Multiroom service, that is available in the UK, provides two cards with the same subscription channels for the cost of one cards subscription plus £10. However, the contact for this service states that both decoders and cards must be connected to the telephone system. If the boxes fail to contact the Sky computer then you will be charged full price for both cards. This stops people from bringing their second decoder and card to Spain.

PaddyW

Like 0      
28 Aug 2014 11:04 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi PaddyW.

Have a look at a web site called Mrsky in Spain (Think thats the correct name, anyway something will come up) I have never used them at all,  the site gives, what seems to be a good fair bit of information out regarding some of what you have mentioned here, certainly worth the look?

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Denuncia - 3 posts
Water connection - 6 posts
Car insurance - 1 posts
WANTED PELLET/FIRE BURNER - 0 posts
Weather in murcia end of September - 9 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 32 posts
Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts
Sun blinds - 4 posts
Over 2 millions visits to El Blog de Maria - 0 posts
Is their a Royal Thai Embassy in Malaga? - 6 posts
Bowling - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x