We can't wait to enjoy life in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Ludlow Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Everyone,

We are Ian and Jo Ludlow and are waiting for the ink to dry on the paperwork for our apartment at Panoramica Golf in Saint Jordi.  It should have been ready at the end of June but we are still waiting.  As August seems to be the month when the Spanish go on holiday, I guess nothing will happen now until September/October.  Does anyone else have any experience of how long it takes to get the builders guarantee and local govenment paperwork completed?

Ultimately we would love to move out to Spain full time but due to family commitments in the UK (grown children still at home and elderly parents) this isn't possible at the moment.  

We have been looking on the forums regarding furnishing the apartment and it seems to be the case that furniture packages can be a good thing, but you pay for the convenience.  We would welcome any advice of local shops for furnishing our apartment close to Saint Jordi/Vinaros or Peniscola. 

If there is anyone on the forums who currently lives on Aldea Golf or Panoramica Golf, we would love to hear from you. 

We hope to hear from our new friends in Spain soon.

Best regards

Jo and Ian Ludlow

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 4:04 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Welcome to the forum, Jo & Ian.

If you want to speak to people from your developement you register under "developement discussions" on the front page. Some clever people on this site can post the link (morerosado!) but I don't know how to do that. I am sure you will get lots of useful information on both the general site and your own developement.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 6:40 PM by Ludlow Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Noreen,

Thanks for the information, I have registered for our Development but there isn't anyone else on that forum, so it's a bit lonely on my own!  I have just been reading the forums on getting paperwork completed in Spain, I don't hold out much hope now of getting it completed this side of Christmas.  As we have a mortgage on this property, I don't think we will be completing without the necessary documents.

Where in Kent do you live, we live in Sittingbourne, Kent.

Best Regards

Jo

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 6:48 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Jo

We have had a nightmare with paperwork - our NIE numbers went missing for 7 weeks & now the mortgage broker we are using is messing us about. We had hoped to complete by now as we are going to Spain next Friday for 2 weeks & it would have been nice to stay in our own place.

Unfortunately, we found this site a little too late to avoid some of the pitfalls but I guess we will get there in the end.

We are in Welling, just north of Dartford & about 15 minutes inside the M25.

Hope everything goes well for you & that eventually someone joins you on the relevant forum but in the meantime, I am sure others will offer answers to your questions.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 7:02 PM by Ludlow Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen,

What a shame you won't be able to enjoy staying in your own property.  Have a fantastic holiday anyway.

Best Regards

Jo

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 9:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jo & Ian, welcome.

Noreen says I'm clever, no-o-o-o-o-o...... anyone can do what I do. Noreen, all I do , for example, is copy & paste Panoramica Golf into the

+ Add another development  basically to see if there is one. Click   & this comes up

Select Development Location Coast
Panoramica Golf Costa Dorada Costa Dorada

Click on the link Panoramica Golf  & the page you need to register then shows.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=P126

Easy.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 8:39 AM by Ludlow Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado,

Thanks for that, I did figure it out myself and have registered on the Panoramica Golf forum but, unfortunately there aren't any others on there at the moment! 

I have been checking out the threads on the general forum and have found a lot of answers to my many questions already. 

Best Regards

Jo

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jo

I was really just telling Noreen it's not rocket science figuring out how to access a development forum by showing her how to. She thinks I'm clever, HA !

Pity, isn't it that there's no one in there though ? Same situation as one I'm in though we purchased Sept 2003 with completion April 2005 so all well behind us now. (Came off the antidepressants a while ago )

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 3:45 PM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Jo and Ian

We bought our villa a year ago its not too far away from where you are its in L'amettla de mar only furniture we needed was sofa's so we jut headed for Tortosa and looked around for furniture stores. I must say though if it wasn't for my husband learning to speak spanish it would have been difficult, but we found our sofa's payed for them and they were delivered the same day.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 4:18 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When I bought my property it was a resale and I needed to furnish it in a hurry as Hubby was coming over in 3 days and insisted that he spent that weekend in his house in Spain.

Luckily my helpful neighbour took me to a furniture store in Torrevieja and I got the basics and they were delivered the next evening, the day before hubby arrived.

Some time later I decided that I wanted another 3 setee to match the origninal 2 seater I had.  Went back to same store and ordered it expecting it to take 6 weeks, timed it to coincide with next trip out.  Was told that it would be ready in 4 weeks but no problem when I told them I wouldn't be out until later.  Paid 20e deposit and arranged to pay balance on my return and setee would be delivered the following in day.  One of the joys of living in Spain.

Only downside is that wooden furniture is so expensive, things like bookshelves and cofee tables.  Hopefully now Ikea is there things will improve.  I was lucky in that I could take more than one piece of luggage so I've even taken flat packs out to Spain.

Don't know if you are aware but new houses do not have any lights in them, there are just the bare wires hanging from the ceiling.  I was in an electrical store once and an English couple were really upset because they hadn't been informed that the house would be left like this.  If you buy a package then it includes lighting but if you do it separately then you would need to arrange fitting with a lighting store or find an electrician.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 5:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Often stores selling lights will send them out (for free fitting) with an electrician, just depends on where you buy them from &, I guess, how much you spend. I know we asked at Nave in Los Montesinos if they fit lights free & we were told they would if we bought something larger as well, which was fair comment. However, my husband fitted all of ours. We took the fans with three lights out from the UK. We bought a fan with light from Carrefour on offer, so cheap like equivalent of £18 !!! That was ok for spare bedroom. I wanted nicer looking units for lounge, dining room & main bedroom.

Shops in Spain are geared to take a small, like 10%, deposit & then will have all your furniture ready to be delivered whenever you complete. Our friends ordered two years before they had their furniture as their completion was delayed again & again. Fabric sofas do take up to six weeks generally though to be made, leather suites are often available the same day.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/11/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Big Dog-Big Sun? - 5 posts
urb meeting. re security guards - 0 posts
urb meeting. re security guards - 0 posts
internet Access in rented apartments - 1 posts
Rental Advertising - Free v Paid - 1 posts
towels sheets etc. - 9 posts
towels sheets etc. - 31 posts
Part Loads & Storage - 0 posts
looking to buy in Pego/Monte Pego area. - 1 posts
PET ADVICE? - 9 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED - 3 posts
Festivals in Murcia - 1 posts
Mortman - 11 posts
Camposol sector A - 24 posts
Villamartin, nr Torrevieja/San Miguel new 3 bed 3 bath terraced villa available till end May - 0 posts
Good lawyer in Almeria - 0 posts
Help with Spanish Mortgages... - 23 posts
first timer and not sure what to do !! - 4 posts
Help!...where do I HAVE to visit between Murcia and Seville.... - 4 posts
4+ bed required almunecar - benajarafe - 0 posts
Royal Executive Marbella - 10 posts
Rioja-Properties - 0 posts
hi - 2 posts
buying partner out - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x