first timer and not sure what to do !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by help Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone this is Julie, my first time and not sure how to use message forum.   We bought in El Oasis 2 and have rear gitters about completion.  Does anyone know if we can break the contract with the developer having paid our last instalment prior to completion

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 3:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Julie

You're doing fine & you'll pick it up as you go along just like we all did, don't worry.

First of all Spain's a big country & all you say is you've bought at "El Oasis 2". If it's (as I Googled it) El Oasis de La Paloma 2, Manilva, Costa del Sol, there is a development forum here on EOS where maybe others buying there are discussing things rather than on the main forum.

I suggest you click here >>> http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=E115 & register.

No way will the developer allow you to cancel & get your money back, it just never happens unless there is a very good reason like no licences, illegal build, months over contractual date for completion. There's nothing to stop you cancelling but you'll forfeit all monies paid.

Why are you wanting to pull out, just nerves ?? We all went through the same. well, lots of us did, not all.

Give us a little more to go on. Maybe we can help allay your concerns.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 4:17 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Hi Julie,are you coming to spain to live because that could be a lot to do with the jitters,wondering if you have done the right thing.When we paid our last instalment on our property to move out here permently to live in i felt unwell for days with nerves,but we are here and so far so good(although we are only here 5 months) and i love it.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 7:23 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Julie, as More says if you can tell us more about why you have the jitters we might be able to help.    I know how you feel at times I kept saying to myself what am I doing, but it has all worked out in the end and we love where we are but I am still keeping the house in England going for the moment, we will see how it goes.  You will be fine take the bull by the horn as they say.  Regards Pat 

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 1:52 PM by help Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone who has responded.  I am at work so short on time but basically yes we did buy in El Oasis de la Paloma 2 and I feel very much 'sold down the river' with our middle man and we are being left to scramble along and try to work things out.  Basically the final balance is going to stretch us sooooooooooooo much.  No we are not going to live over there - we would be looking to rent it out to cover most of the mortgage payment if not all i.e.  £1200 PER MONTH  help !!!!!!!!

We are trying to sell our home hear and down size to take on a much smaller mortage but the house is not selling and LOL my husband and I both work for estate agents and surveyors !!!!!!!!!!   If we do commit I do hope you will all 'HOLD MY HAND' through this adventure.  I do feel totally sick by it all with worry.   

Great to hear from your all and thanks for your advice/links I will try next week to get onto that but have to be careful whilst at work

JULIE

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help!...where do I HAVE to visit between Murcia and Seville.... - 4 posts
4+ bed required almunecar - benajarafe - 0 posts
Royal Executive Marbella - 10 posts
Rioja-Properties - 0 posts
hi - 2 posts
buying partner out - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Jim - 4 posts
rapp - 1 posts
Storage Space - 4 posts
Lets Eat in Benijofer - 13 posts
Torremendo - 33 posts
ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts
Registering a van - 5 posts
Having a WiFi hotspot installed for the community - 6 posts
Has anyone has a paddle tennis or sports court built? - 0 posts
Vista Del Guadiana - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x