Royal Executive Marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by jackie Star rating in Gloucestershire. 8 posts Send private message

jackie´s avatar

Hi, does anyone have a contact telephone number for Margaret Corley.  I think she has gone out of business as have been unable to contact her for at least 9 months now.  However she is holding 3 sets of  keys to my apartment and I would like them back.  Not a problem but will have to go to the expense of having the door locks changed again.

Look forward to hearing from anyone!    

Regards,

Jackie

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 10:21 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Any idea where she is based? Im in Marbella and can ask around for you

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 12:40 PM by jackie Star rating in Gloucestershire. 8 posts Send private message

jackie´s avatar

Hi thanks for that!

I have looked on their website and the address is:  Calle Antonio Belon No. 3, Local 6  29600 Marbella.

The phone numbers on the website either come up as unobtainable and the fax number just rings out and then packs up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jackie

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 1:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jackie

I guess you don't know anyone on your development who would also have used this woman's services. As you say you don't want the expense of changing your locks but it would be a lot safer. You say she has three sets of keys. She could well have had more cut so, even if you did find her & got your three sets back you don't know if more were cut. If it was me I'd change the locks & forget her, she seems long gone. 

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 1:16 PM by jackie Star rating in Gloucestershire. 8 posts Send private message

jackie´s avatar

Yes that has crossed my mind.  Already had to have the locks changed as we had a break in before.  My fault though as didn't double lock the front door, just pulled it too!  However also should have known better as no security in place at development as just been finished.  Hey Ho!  The last lot of locks cost me 80 euros but I suppose for peace of mind I will have to shell out again!

Cheers!

Jackie  

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 1:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jackie

In our Spanish property (a detached house) we have a front door with a storm door, a kitchen door, outer door, grille door, solarium door & grille door so seven locks if we change. Around 240€ for us. We are considering the "one key fits all locks" type  as we sound like jailers with so many keys & I carry my set too when we go out. (We would have the better locks, there are cheaper ones but why you would put a cheap lock on is anyone's guess. )

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 5:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I dont know what you have been quoted MoreRosado but forewarned etc .... locksmiths that I have used charge more if it is one key for all locks as they have to set the locks to all have the same keys - seems strange to me too. Additionally if you lose the one key you then have the expense of changing all the locks again instead of the lock simply for the missing key - can get very costly.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 6:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We would use a Master Locksmith namely David Krouse who has his shop in Benijofar, near where our home is in Spain & who comes very highly recommended. We have also had a quote for the same higher quality locks from another locksmith in that area. We have been advised by both that they recommend their better lock for the one key fits all system. "If you do lose your keys we just come out and re-key on site which is cheaper than having to replace with new locks." Having the cheaper lock (for same system) would mean they'd need to replace it all. Whilst one charged 35€ per cylinder fitted so 7 x 35 = 245€. David charges  65€ for the first lock (this includes his call out charge) then 30€ per lock thereafter, so same price for our seven locks.

http://www.daveskeysandlocks.com/

http://www.davidkrousegolf.com/index.php?pg=se&service=2

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 2:27 PM by sabber Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Hi Jackie,

If you phone Peninsula Property Management in Marbella (952-902020) they should be able to give you a contact number for this lady.  They are not connected to Margaret's firm but they are business partners, so they should have a number for her.

Good luck.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 5:55 PM by jackie Star rating in Gloucestershire. 8 posts Send private message

jackie´s avatar

Thank you for your help, I wonder if she is still in business?  However  I have changed all my locks at the apartment so that problem has now gone away.  Persued with it at first as the locks cost a lot of money to replace the first time, but in essence I think we were most likely ripped off by the locksmith.  The new locks this time cost a quarter of the price of the other ones!

Regards,

Jackie

Like 0      
14 Feb 2008 12:50 PM by jetdog Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Jackie,

Did you ever get hold of Margaret Corley?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rioja-Properties - 0 posts
hi - 2 posts
buying partner out - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Jim - 4 posts
rapp - 1 posts
Storage Space - 4 posts
Lets Eat in Benijofer - 13 posts
Torremendo - 33 posts
ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts
Registering a van - 5 posts
Having a WiFi hotspot installed for the community - 6 posts
Has anyone has a paddle tennis or sports court built? - 0 posts
Vista Del Guadiana - 2 posts
Moving to Quesada next year (early I hope) - 10 posts
Anyone use Xe.com for money transfers? - 14 posts
Be Careful at Malaga Airport - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x