Torremendo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Hi there,just wondered if anyone is buying on el-mirador in torremendo.we are due to move there in november and would be keen to speak to any other buyers.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 12:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mervy

Have you checked to see if others are discussing your development on the respective message board ? Go to this page, there are many developments by the name "el-mirador" on it.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/DevSearch.aspx?src=el%20mirador

Do let me know. Rarely do I get feedback.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 12:58 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

have tried that but the one we are buying is not listed.hope to get a response here.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 1:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maybe others are buying there, Mervy, but just haven't registered for a development. Why not start one in the hope others, once they know there is one, will join you.  Got to start somewhere.

Best of luck asking on main boards. Are you moving over permanently ?

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 1:13 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

yes,we are going to retire there,we have family living nearby.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 4:04 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Have tried to register on new developments but where it says LOCATION and i put in torremendo it just goes blank for some reason and does not register.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 5:37 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

Mervy,

We are also purchasing in the El Mirador complex.

It would be good to kow others who are buying in the same area.

However, I have now been told that the Decmber 2007 completion date has been moved to March 2008 and that it could be extended, dpending on progress.

AJ

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 5:55 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Who is keeping you informed because we are buying through atlas and they are TERRIBLE at keeping us informed.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 5:58 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar
We are also buying through Atlas, let me guess, you have been given Ashley Patten as your agent in Spain to deal with?

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:02 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Am actually using my sons registration on here as i dont have a computer,he lives in hurchillo not far from torremendo.when i was out in july the same amount of work had been done as in may,not doing well at all.why is completion so late.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:05 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

We went out in June, and it appears that nothing more than a few tiles have been added to the bathrooms since then.

I am having a tremendous struggle to get the guy in Span to answer a few basic questions.  I have taken this further as I need to sgin contracts by the end of the month and pay another 10%.

I am also worried by the ongoing saga about the rubbish dump that is proposed for the area, I have not got a response from Atlas about this yet.  I have also asked ny Lawyers to look into it.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:11 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by mervy on 8/21/2007.

This message was last edited by mervy on 8/21/2007.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:21 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

Hi Merv,

I am trying to get more infomration on the Rubbish Dump saga, a friend sent me a picture of the locals demonstrating in Orihuela.

I have been asking other locals in San Muguel on their internet forum for some help in finding out whether this is a problem or not.  I have pushed Atlas for an answer and also my Lawyers, I will get to the bottom of it. 

I am Alan and my Wife is Tracy, we live in Luton and will be using this as a bolt hole for long weekends and long holidays initially.  We did like the idea of coming out for Christmas, but the contract we recived last week stated March 2008.  When we agreed to buy it was Dec 2007.

When we got the contract it also stated that the size of the property was avbout 4 metres less than the builders documentation. I am hoping that the fact that they are waiitng for my money and the signing of the contract means that they will finally start to answer some questions.

I guess the answer to your refund issue is whether they have put a date in your contract that says it is Nov 2007, my one states March 2008 + up to six months if they need it.

This message was last edited by AJ Keers on 8/21/2007.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:25 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Sorry for all the questions but we have to go out on 9th september to apply for our nie numbers,when do you get yours.we have to pay €150 for the pleasure.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:29 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

The questions aren't a problem, it is good to find someone else who is moving to the block.

I have asked Atlas when we should come out for the NIE numbers, with no response yet.  I think we are going to wait until the mid term visit.  We logged onto the Atlas website and saw that the development hasn't moved on much, with all the work still required, especially the pool etc. I cannot see how they ever thought it would be done in Dec 2007.

This message was last edited by AJ Keers on 8/21/2007.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:32 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Cant tell you how disappointed we are,our house is on the market in nireland and we were looking forward to moving out there before the winter.we will prob end up having to rent somewhere.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:33 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

What does your contract say?

I know that Sainsh law is pretty tough around completion dates and specs etc.

That is why they have put the + up to six months in to preventthem having to pay compensation or refunds.

Does yours say Nov 2007?

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 6:39 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Have to double check,will reply tomorrow good to find someone to share views with

regards

mervyn

Like 0      
20 Aug 2007 10:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mervyn and  Edna,  Alan and  Tracy

Mervyn, you said " Have tried to register on new developments but where it says LOCATION and i put in torremendo it just goes blank for some reason and does not register." When I did it I got these listed below. I realise these are not yours BUT it could be good for you to register with both as you would maybe find out more about Torremendo from any members in these.

Can I suggest you don't tell a public forum which plots you've bought & keep that between yourselves in PMs ? It is basic security really. You really ought to edit that bit out.

Alan & Tracy, a warm welcome to the EOS forum. Glad you have all found each other to chat to as it makes the stress of buying more bearable.  

Select Development Location Coast
El Almendro Torremendo Costa Blanca
Lakeside Mews Torremendo Costa Blanca

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 2:05 PM by AJ Keers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

AJ Keers´s avatar

Very good point about security, I have edited my messgae to reflect this.

I tried to add this new development ot hte list last night, so I will see if it has worked today.

Regards,

Alan.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts
Registering a van - 5 posts
Having a WiFi hotspot installed for the community - 6 posts
Has anyone has a paddle tennis or sports court built? - 0 posts
Vista Del Guadiana - 2 posts
Moving to Quesada next year (early I hope) - 10 posts
Anyone use Xe.com for money transfers? - 14 posts
Be Careful at Malaga Airport - 0 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts
Badajoz - 3 posts
New to site and looking at El Bosque Mairena development...... - 1 posts
Importing furniture from Far East - 0 posts
MOSQUITOS - 84 posts
flights to seville - 3 posts
Listen online to your favourite radio stations on the Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Roda golf apartment. - 0 posts
CHRISTMAS AWAY FROM "HOME"....WHERE THOUGH ?? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x