Moro'n de la Frontera area?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2013 11:58 PM by earlieo Star rating in Orlando, Florida, US.... 5 posts Send private message

Hello,

My company is bidding on a contract at the air base near Sevilla.  I assume my wife and I will need to rent while there.  Anyone know where the best places to reside in that area?  We plan to retire in Spain in a couple of years so this would get our foot in the door as well.  I checked the Rentals link above but nothing showed there.  As a last resort (or perhaps should be our first!) are there reliable honest rental agenciew in the region?  Would appreciate any assistance from you EOS veterans!

Thanks,

Earlie & Tess

Like 0      
27 Oct 2013 10:02 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

27 Oct 2013 11:05 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,

3 more links, none of which answer your question directly but may just point you in the right direction...

http://www.fotocasa.es/viviendas/moron-de-la-frontera/alquiler/listado?opi=38&crp=1&cu=es-es&mode=0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mor%C3%B3n_Air_Base
http://gazules.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/working-for-yanqui-dollar-us-presence.html

The base lies to the NW of Moron de la Frontera town, way out in the sticks or campo as it is known. Most advertised accommadation is probably located in Moron town or Utrera. I would suggest that these two locations would be a good starting point in your search.

Nearest rail stations are all about 30 minutes driving time from Moron Airbase and are located at Utrera on the Cadiz- Seville route, Marchena on the Granada-Seville route and Dos Hermanas which is served by both of the aforementioned routes. Its a long walk from Seville Santa Justa rail station to the city centre especially in the 40C summer temperatures so take a hint... take a taxi to the Cathedral; it's as central as you are likely to want to be and only a short walk down to the river.

Nearest civil airports are Seville and Jerez.

Driving in Seville is the same as driving in any major Spanish town... frenetic... and ill signposted.

Hope some of this helps; as I said it doesnt answer your questions directly but you never know...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
27 Oct 2013 7:01 PM by earlieo Star rating in Orlando, Florida, US.... 5 posts Send private message

Nigel & Foxbat,

Thank you so much!  The links were great both for local as well as property information.  Although the Fotocasa one was a bit of a challenge since Mi Espanol es no muy bueno!  But I am working on the Rosetta Stone course.

We were in Spain for a couple of weeks about 3 years ago, but spent most of our time in the Costa Blanca area.  We spent a day each in Granada and Sevilla, but otherwise in Madrid.  We are planning a trip in November to spend a week or so on the Costa del Sol, so we will have a chance to survey the area more this time.

Thanks again for the info,

Earlie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

planning permission for a swimming pool? - 3 posts
planning permission ? - 0 posts
Thank you EOS - 1 posts
Spain is back in buisness....... - 32 posts
metal doors - 4 posts
I would sit in the wing for that price - 21 posts
tax on uk property - 2 posts
Permission De circulation catagories. What do they mean? - 6 posts
Cadastral Crazy? - 17 posts
Spanish inheritance tax reclaim for non residents. - 7 posts
Misselling - 0 posts
(Part ex) LHD Volkswagen Passat Advance 2.0 TDI 140 CV BlueMotion Technology - 0 posts
Phone battery - 5 posts
Political Party Donations - 1 posts
Best place for a kitchen on Eastern Costa Del Sol? - 1 posts
Endesa - 2 posts
Bar Restaurant for sale La Manga - 0 posts
Advice please - thinking of closing our bank account to avoid rip-off fees - 26 posts
Charity shop opening hours - 2 posts
Exclusivity with estate agent. - 86 posts
stopovers Madrid to Malaga - 2 posts
URGENT SALE - this week - 0 posts
Do we or don't we?! - 6 posts
Hello all at Eye on Spain - a little advice please? - 5 posts
The property market is being demolished ! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x