moving soon to spain help needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi all

Myself my husband and 2 children are moving to L ametlla de mar, Tarragona Spain soon where we have bought a villa, we are all very excited but my daughter is worried about making new friends etc. She is 14 yrs just now, we are letting her finish here final school year here in scotland before we go. Any advice on moving to Spain would be much appreciated and any families with teenagers who could chat or email my daughter or just post a thread to help her out. Thanx 

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:38 AM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi Calyamy I AM MOVING TO CDS NEXT YEAR AND ALSO CAN'T WAIT.I AM FROM DUNDEE AND HAVE A 15YEAR OLD BOY.HE CAN'T WAIT TO GO SO IF YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS HIS E-MAIL TO TALK TO HIM ONLINE JUST LET ME KNOW.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:44 AM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi valf

Where abouts in Spain are you moving too and what are your sons thoughts on your move. We are from Ayrshire in Scotland when next year are you planni9ng to go.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:56 AM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

HI CALYAMY,

WE ARE MOVING TO THE FUENGIROLA/BENALMADENA AREA IN COSTA DEL SOL.

MY BROTHER ALREADY STAYS THERE SO WE ARE THERE QUITE A LOT AND MY SON LOVES IT.HE PLAYS LOTS OF FOOTBALL SO I THINK HE IS HOPING THAT THIS WILL HELP HIM MAKE FRIENDS,BUT HE SAYS HE WOULD RATHER GROW UP THERE THAN HERE IN DUNDEE.

DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT AYRSHIRE BUT DUNDEE IS GOING DOWN HILL-DRUGS...MUGGINGS....AND LACK OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES....SO HOPEFULLY HE'S RIGHT IN HIS THOUGHTS.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:09 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Calyamy

Welcome to the forum. 

Just thought i would say hi to a fellow ayrshire lass (i presume you are a loss!!!)

There are lots who post on here who have made the move with their children so i hope you will get lots of advice to help you and your daughter cope with the move.

Good luck

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:13 PM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Val

Your son has same thoughts as my son who is 11 yrs at moment and cant wait to leave Scotland.  We Bought a villa on Costa dorada and spend as much time there as we can unfortunately we made the mistake of taking my daughters friend with us for 3 weeks and she didnt like anything spanish and put my daughter of quite a bit although now back in freezing scotland she is coming round to the idea again.          My daughter is going on holiday for 2  weeks to blackpool with her friends family but if its ok with you maybe she could chat to your son when she gets back, and Dundee sounds same as Ayrshire going down hill fast, but as a keep telling my hubby not long until we head for sunny Spain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:19 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

HI CALYAMY,

NO PROBLEM JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN SHE'S BACK. AFTER A HOLIDAY IN BLACKPOOL SHE'LL BE WANTING TO GO TO SUNNY SPAIN(HA HA).ARE YOU GOING TO BE PUTTING YOUR 11YEAR OLD INTO PRIVATE OR SPANISH SCHOOLING?

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:29 PM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We are going to put him into spanish schooling my hubby has already learnt to speak quite good spanish and does well talking to the locals when we are in spain. The rest of us hope to learn quite a bit before we go however in our area of spain it is catalan they speak but if you speak to them in spanish they will reply in spanish. My son is a bright boy and does very well in school here so i am hoping he will pick things up quickly without falling too much behind in his school work.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:40 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

HI CALYAMY,

AT LEAST YOUR HUBBY HAS A GOOD START AND BY THE SOUND OF IT YOUR SON  WILL PROBABLY PICK IT UP QUITE QUICKLY.

MY 10YEAR OLD SON HAS LEARNING DIFFICULTIES AND THIS IS OUR HEADACHE BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE BEST FOR HIM.OTHER THAN THE EDUCATION SIDE I KNOW HE WILL HAVE A BETTER UPBRINGING IN SPAIN...I SUPPOSE WE ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM...TRYING TO OVERCOME THEM IS PART OF THE PROCESS.

NOW GOING AWAY TO ASDA FOR THE ALL IMPORTANT FOOD.WOULDN'T WE BE RICH IF WE DIDN'T HAVE TO EAT AYE.TALK TO YOU LATER.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 12:50 PM by calyamy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanxs all for the posts need to go and finish getting my daughter packed for sunny blackpool lol speak soon

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts
Punta Prima??? or somewhere else? - 4 posts
For Sale Yamaha Cygnus Motorscooter 125cc - 1 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 1 posts
Excellent video for forums - 6 posts
Another Disney Rumour or is it?? - 0 posts
enquiries on Manzana 5 - 0 posts
Over 200 posts - 22 posts
Pedrokav - 2 posts
restaurants in cuidad murcia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x